What a bad day.....

HAOLE

I make a trip to columbus to see my mother in-law that is about to pass away and she is now not responsive at all. I don't see her hanging on much longer. I feel bad for my wife, but there is nothing I can do beside provide a shoulder to cry on.

On the way down I get a phone call from my dad saying he got in a wreck he Lancaster. He got a OVI tonight ( Blew .184). I had to drive from College Ave on the east side to Lancaster to pick him up (33 traffic sucks). He has had alcohol problems since I was a kid and I am amazed that he did not get an OVI before this. Thankfully, no serious injuries to him or the people he hit. I don't feel sorry for him at all, I hope a few days in jail and maybe court ordered alcohol treatment will help him out in the long run. He is the main reason I dont drink at all.

The past couple of weeks sucked!!!! :(

Been there it's not fun, not excatly the same problems but just part of the ups and downs of life. My mother-in-law went about a month ago in what sounds like the same type situation. That helpless feeling when you care for your wife really sucks.

It'll get better soon, it always does.

Thoughts and prayers out to you and the famly. I am dealing with my elderly parents and now Tamies father is not doing well. With the four of them all so close in age the next 10 years of our lives is going to be filled with emotion.

Stay strong.

I make a trip to columbus to see my mother in-law that is about to pass away and she is now not responsive at all. I don't see her hanging on much longer. I feel bad for my wife, but there is nothing I can do beside provide a shoulder to cry on.

The past couple of weeks sucked!!!! :(

Ive seen my parents both go through this in the last few years and really all you can do is be the strong silent type. Thats the way I am with my GF when she goes through hard times. I get a strange sense of satisfaction knowing she depends on me to be a dependable person in her life. Im sure the same goes for a husband and wife relationship too.

Well my mother in law passed away last night. At least she is no longer suffering. My wife seemed to be taking it as well as she could be expected to. She was really close to her mom and I am sure the next few days will be tough for her.