2005 RSX Type S Turbocharged for sale or trade.

GSX-R

Miles: around 45K

Turbo: 35R

Clutch: Twin disk

Turbo Kit: Peakboost full race

bigger fuel injectors

Tranny: stock

Boost and air/fuel ratio gauge

DVD player

Exhaust system is cutom hand welded straight back.

Racing engine mounts

Tial BOV and Wastegate.

K20 engine

KPro ECU

The reason I'm selling this vehicle is because i no longer have the time and money to put towards it. The car still runs but there is a loud knocking noise coming from the tranny or clutch. I would asses the problem myself but I have more serious priorities and I'm done with dealing with it. It's a fun car to drive and extremely fast. Pics of my vehicle are in my profile album. I was originally going to sell my car for around $20K when it was running fine but since the knocking noise started I've dropped the price down to $12K and sell it as is. I could get almost triple that if I parted it out but I just dont have the time. I'm up for a trade but would rather have cash in hand. If interested please contact me via "Private Message", thanks.

Edited by BoostedTypeS
  • Confused 1

If you go to my photo album in my profile there are pics of my car, I would've ended up posting the same pics so I figured to just foward everyone to my album, I'm running around 10psi, i also forgot to mentch it has a KPro ECU.

Guest Removed
the clutch in it is normally noisy... (damn twin disc). how did it start making noise today? was you beating on it?

dude, i got on it when i was in second gear and next thing i know theres a knocking sound started to come from under the hood, since it does this sound in every gear I'm assuming it MIGHT be one of the clutch plates knocked out of place, that or theres a gear out of place thats spinning and hitting the inside of the tranny wall.

Guest Removed
dude, i got on it when i was in second gear and next thing i know theres a knocking sound started to come from under the hood, since it does this sound in every gear I'm assuming it MIGHT be one of the clutch plates knocked out of place, that or theres a gear out of place thats spinning and hitting the inside of the tranny wall.

does it do it with it just idling... could be a rod..:confused:

Honda trannys are pretty much bullet proof from the factory. Sounds like rod knock to me.

Honda trannys are weak and i say this because this is my third transmission, A lot of RSX owners know that the RSX tranny is not that strong, they are known for the second gear and third gear to go out pretty quickly.

it doesnt make the knocking sound when idle, trust me it sounds like a large piece of metal is hitting another large piece of metal is the best way to describe the sound.

Guest Removed
Honda trannys are pretty much bullet proof from the factory. Sounds like rod knock to me.

Um no they are not.... josh has broken a few IIRC...lol first one was who ever installed it, didnt put fluid in it.. and i have broken many honduh trans, so dont tell me they are bullet proof.. i still have a few broken ones laying around

Guest Removed
Why dont you have someone look at it that knows a thing or two about cars.... like Rob?

more then likely the clutch or the trans again... last trans made a big bang, and no worky no more...:(

Um no they are not.... josh has broken a few IIRC...lol first one was who ever installed it, didnt put fluid in it.. and i have broken many honduh trans, so dont tell me they are bullet proof.. i still have a few broken ones laying around

I guess it is just the b-series transmissions. I know they can hold lots of power. I though the K-series would be similar.