Kids threatened with suspension for wearing American Flag

OSUGT

Where did our country go?

This guy has it.

http://gardenandgun.com/files/GG0708_Legend-of-Poobah_01a_0.jpg

"I think they should apologize cause it is a Mexican Heritage Day," Annicia Nunez, a Live Oak High student, said. "We don't deserve to be get disrespected like that. We wouldn't do that on Fourth of July."

Ummm...not to be insensitive to other cultures, but I'm pretty sure if I lived in Mexico nobody would give a rat's fat crack about July 4th and they'd wear whatever they want.

Celebrate your holiday. That doesn't mean we all have too. I've never had a Jew get mad b/c I don't celebrate Channukah. Get over it. I welcome any and all LEGAL aliens/immigrants/new Americans/whatever PC term you want to use, but if you come to another country, ANY country and expect everyone there to adhere to or participate in YOUR holidays/religions you're sadly mistaken. That'd be like living 4 generations deep in France and expecting everyone to celebrate 4th of July with me. Roight!

I just cant help but think about the guys in Afghanistan and Iraq "fighting for freedom" and then something like this happens.

"Take off your American flag T-shirt cuz it's offending the Mexican students" Makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Unbelievable. I may not wear flag apparel, (or even own a flag for that matter) but how is a student wearing "patriotic" apparel insensitive to Mexicans ?

Some people need a flogging. If anything, forcing Cinco de Fuckall down someones throat is insensitive to them.

Who gives a fuck about a Mexican holiday anyway?

In fairness, Mexicans/Mexican descendants do, probably in the same way I celebrate Chinese New Year with my family. Also non-Mexicans celebrate it the same way the non-Irish (and who are we kidding, the Irish) celebrate St. Patty's. What's outrageous is the idea that wearing a shirt with the American flag on it is somehow disrespectful just because of what day it is.

What a bunch of bullshit. Mexicans dont even give 2 shits about May 5th, Americans make a bigger deal about it than Mexicans do. It's not Mexican independence day, its just some battle they won against the French...who hasnt beaten the French? Not a big deal. Just show you how retarded and ignorant people are. They are so ignorant that they try to not be ignorant but end up being even more ignorant.

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

section 8d

Awesome. I just wrote a giant paper on things like this.

They'll sue the school based on the grounds of the Tinker Standard and win. Then they can go to a nice private school.

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

section 8d

Flag desecration is legal, it is symbolic speech, which trumps those laws.

What a bunch of bullshit. Mexicans dont even give 2 shits about May 5th, Americans make a bigger deal about it than Mexicans do. It's not Mexican independence day, its just some battle they won against the French...who hasnt beaten the French? Not a big deal. Just show you how retarded and ignorant people are. They are so ignorant that they try to not be ignorant but end up being even more ignorant.

What makes it even less significant is that after that battle, the French came back and took over Mexico. So naturally Mexicans don't care about that day, but why would America want to celebrate? Makes no sense at all.

^^ I wondered the same thing. Only conclusion is the offended parties would be more Mexican than American. They are probably not a big fan of the AZ immigration law either.

WTF... Cinco de Mayo is nothing more than a Mexican St. Patty's Day... another excuse to get sloshed on a perfectly normal weekday. This reminds me of the Illegal Aliens' Rights demonstrations at public schools that were conducted in SoCal several years ago. Still can't understand the common sense behind demonstrating FOR anything or anyone that is ILLEGAL. Sort of like recognizing a National Union for Pick-pocketers...

You tell me to take off a shirt like that and the least your getting is my middle finger and thats if im feeling nice

100% agree.

I hope the family of those students sue the shit out of the school officials.

wow, that makes me glad i wore and american flag shirt yesterday lol. But seriously, wtf is wrong with people? You tell me to take off a shirt like that and the least your getting is my middle finger and thats if im feeling nice

Seriously. You don't like it? GTFO right now, before George Washington gets up out of his grave and bayonets you.

• Upvote 1

people just need to lighten up. but if i have to take my shirt off.. because its has a flag on it. then indian's need to take the dot off there head and arabic's need to take off there head dresses. same thing isnt it? a way to show where your from.

In fairness, Mexicans/Mexican descendants do, probably in the same way I celebrate Chinese New Year with my family. Also non-Mexicans celebrate it the same way the non-Irish (and who are we kidding, the Irish) celebrate St. Patty's. What's outrageous is the idea that wearing a shirt with the American flag on it is somehow disrespectful just because of what day it is.

My fault man. I came off the wrong way. What I should have said was.

Being in America as Americans why should we give a fuck about other countries holidays except out of respect. Wearing a USA flag shirt is far from disrespectful when you are on American soil.

I was raised Muslim by an Iranian and both my brothers are married to Hispanic women. I guess I could be a little more caring.

wow those mexican school kids were offended because an American was wearing the American flag in America? AND they want the American kids to apologize for being American....:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Im not comfortable with a Russian in on this conversation.

I kid! It just felt right when I said it.

Seriously. You don't like it? GTFO right now, before George Washington gets up out of his grave and bayonets you.

I think u miss read his post he was agreeing with everyone else says its dumb. Garry is an all american redneck. :lol: