looking at a porsche boxster S...

ghost1647545489

I can't take credit, Eli told me about the kits. Totally transforms the Boxster into a cayman

Fixed. Why not just buy a cayman?

The silver car looks great because on the 987 the car looks spot on like cayman.

You can't pick up a Cayman for $18K out the door.

I love my Boxster. It's a great little car. Phenomenal to drive. Expensive to service. They are finicky, and difficult to upgrade. The stereo BLOWS. My last oil change was $209. The rear window on the droptop will wear out, and the dealer will quote you $4k to replace the top. It will get you laid. It is much less of a chicks car than the haters on here think.

Seriously, get it and put that zeintec top on. That is SO SO SO SO SO SO Sexy. As mensan said, it would be sure to get you laid.

The zeintec top also eliminates a problem that mensan just brought up. DO IT MAN!!!!

How in the hell did you manage to get a $209 oil change? Je-sus dude do it yourself.

I wouldnt buy a Boxster, I just dont like them for their looks and it being a convertible and for the money I can buy cars that I consider to be much much better. But I'm sure they are great cars non the less.

I saw a badass one on ebay once, had a GT2 body kit and a supercharger on it, looked sweet. Dont people swap some other Porsche engine into those which make them pretty fast?

Heres an example, I'd drive that.

http://www.customautotrim.com/bodykits/extreme-dimensions/imgresize.300/99_996gt2lookcomplete.jpg

You can't pick up a Cayman for $18K out the door.

I love my Boxster. It's a great little car. Phenomenal to drive. Expensive to service. They are finicky, and difficult to upgrade. The stereo BLOWS. My last oil change was $209. The rear window on the droptop will wear out, and the dealer will quote you $4k to replace the top. It will get you laid. It is much less of a chicks car than the haters on here think.

Top is $3,600 plus shipping and paint.

$29,980

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Cayman-BLK-BLK-2007-PORSCHE-CAYMAN-5-SPD-HEATED-SEATS-BOSE-SPOILER-50K-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d29066b9eQQitemZ400120245150QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

The boxster S is a great deal for the mid-high teens you can get them for. The S is NOT as slow as most people may think (13 sec. car) and they sound super sexy. If you're a DIY-er you could pick up an older boxster for $8k or $9k, and swap in a 3.4 or 3.6 911 motor.

Your link is to a 2.7L car. No good. Why spend all that money and not get an S?

Your link is to a 2.7L car. No good. Why spend all that money and not get an S?

Mans on a budget, I too would buy the S but you get even further from the price point. My point was in all realism getting the 18k cleaned up, hardtop shipped and painted you're near $25k. For $4k more you get the correct look and the newer 987 chassis. I guess I would prefer a boxter with the top because I like convertibles and regardless of how effeminate it may be I'd rock it with the top down.

I would personally buy a 911 and not bother with a 2.7 or 3.2 or hardtops or whatever.

You could buy 2 LS1 F Bodys for 18k. One for strip only duty and one for a daily driver. Or one C5 Vette and you could do your own oil change for cheap.

He could also grow a cool mullet and/or buy a dozen third gen camaros.

Not sure that was his goal though....

You could buy 2 LS1 F Bodys for 18k. One for strip only duty and one for a daily driver. Or one C5 Vette and you could do your own oil change for cheap.

"Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me. "

I drove my old boss's boxster, and it was a damn fun car to throw around. I scared him a little on the highway ramp.

Fuck the haters, if its good enough for Top Gear, its good enough for me. (well maybe not cause I wouldn't buy one, but regardless :))