Nelson Ledges, Friday 5/21

Tinman

Honestly, I have dreamed of getting into this at some point, but don't want to risk ruining the DD or the S8 into some tires/wall. :)

From my limited knowledge of the subject, one must come up with:

*NASA License ($50sh) ?

*Have car inspected/tech ?

*Start in HPDE1? (instructor led?)

And hope to progress from through through further track days. I'd assume if one were out being casual the risks are minimal ect.

The Daily (A4) just got refreshed with new shocks/control arms/ rear sway/ and some decent 2 piece 345mm rotors ect. Along with a few other misc performance mods. It should be okay for some "spirited" driving without worrying of over-taxing any of the car's components. :)

I would, without a doubt, be the weakest link.

If you go to Nelson Ledges, it is just an open track day. It is not affiliated with NASA or any other club. They don't have instructors, but do have you grouped according to experience with limited passing for the beginners.

I understand your fear of ruining your DD, but you can always go and just push it to 8/10ths to see what its all about.

Don't forget you will need a helmet too. I am not sure what is required at Nelson Ledges.

If you go to Nelson Ledges, it is just an open track day. It is not affiliated with NASA or any other club. They don't have instructors, but do have you grouped according to experience with limited passing for the beginners.

I understand your fear of ruining your DD, but you can always go and just push it to 8/10ths to see what its all about.

Don't forget you will need a helmet too. I am not sure what is required at Nelson Ledges.

See, I should have done more research!

I appreciate you chiming in with the information. $130 is very reasonable for the fun it should provide.

Just need to get off work..;)

Thanks!

See, I should have done more research!

I appreciate you chiming in with the information. $130 is very reasonable for the fun it should provide.

Just need to get off work..;)

Thanks!

Do it!

I have an extra helmet if you need one.

Last year Nelson Ledges started their own "school". You will get some classroom time with a very experienced professional driver and he will lead the group around the track for the first session. Not quite what NASA offers but a great and cheap way to try things out and see if you wish to progress. In addition I am willing to ride along with certain individuals that I feel safe with to help and give pointers to.

Do it!

I have an extra helmet if you need one.

Last year Nelson Ledges started their own "school". You will get some classroom time with a very experienced professional driver and he will lead the group around the track for the first session. Not quite what NASA offers but a great and cheap way to try things out and see if you wish to progress. In addition I am willing to ride along with certain individuals that I feel safe with to help and give pointers to.

Thanks Matt,

I probably wont' make this one, but I'll definately be down for the next one. Hopefully you are there and can offer some advice. :)

Thanks Matt,

I probably wont' make this one, but I'll definately be down for the next one. Hopefully you are there and can offer some advice. :)

Jones let me know if you are game on the next one. I'll goin the ms3 and you won't be alone in the dd category. Great fun I'm sure!

Trying to decode where one belongs withint the SCCA classes hurts my head.

:p

Yeah, thats not easy either. Whats done to your car? If the short answer is "Nothing, really", then you'll be in one of the stock classes.

I am planning on it buddy. She's got a new clutch, suspension, brakes, and various other goodies. Good for a while now. :)

If you're available, Porsche Club is this saturday at OSU Ackerman. $30 to run and it's probably the most casual and relaxed group to run with in central Ohio. I did my first ever AutoX with them last year and they were quite patient with all of the novices. I highly recommend bringing the A4 out.

ReFlash, testpipe, clutch, upgraded fsi pump, shocks, rear sway, bigger front brakes.

2.0t A4's fit into STX, but if your testpipe is catless (like most are) you'd be thrown into DSP, which has a lot of your typical street modded 4cyl turbo motors. Or if you do go to Porsche Club, you're in the "not a porsche" class; X. They keep it simple. Oh, and double.

Edited by Tripleskate