College Football - 2010

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just unveiled? Video is dated 9/1/10 - I think you're about two months late with your breaking news. :)

I think I'm okay with those uniforms. I like them better already than the ones we wore for the Michigan last year, and those weren't bad.

yup that's old news, hell you could buy the throwback souvenir mini helmet at any of the games starting at week 1

• 2 weeks later...
That is the last time I bet on Florida, lol.

John Brantley really is terrible. I wish they would let Jordan Reed take every snap, as he is clearly better than Brantley and Burton. I'm so sick of this three-QB bullshit

I'll PM you my address. The money will be donated to my fiancee's vet clinic's Good Samaritan Fund

Dear Michigan: Please get better so this rivalry gains intrest!

The The refs in this game were absolutely horrible. The holding call on Boom's 98 yard TD run was total bullshit. The excessive celebration rule needs to be taken out of college ball, its ok for Cam Newton to jump in the stands everytime he scores, but not ok for OSU players to make a "O" with their hands?

LSU and Boise St losing sure helps OSU's chances of an at large birth. Hello Sugar Bowl most likely, wonder who they will be playing. Honestly I think its going to be Alabama if Auburn wins out.

Honestly I think its going to be Alabama if Auburn wins out.

Alabama has 3 losses and is finishing 4th in their division. That's not happening. Looks like it's most likely going to be Arkansas. Not a very exciting, big name opponent but a shot to get the SEC monkey off our backs.

One of my 137 pictures I took at the game today from the field. This one is kinda story telling. Sorry it's blurry. The bogus holding call during Boom's 98 yard TD run.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs480.ash2/75300_10150366540150651_703375650_15882913_1837249_n.jpg

Dear Michigan: Please get better so this rivalry gains intrest!

The The refs in this game were absolutely horrible. The holding call on Boom's 98 yard TD run was total bullshit. The excessive celebration rule needs to be taken out of college ball, its ok for Cam Newton to jump in the stands everytime he scores, but not ok for OSU players to make a "O" with their hands?

LSU and Boise St losing sure helps OSU's chances of an at large birth. Hello Sugar Bowl most likely, wonder who they will be playing. Honestly I think its going to be Alabama if Auburn wins out.

+1 on your take on the refs

-1 on your assessment of Alabama getting a BCS bowl bid. That ain't happening. Rather, OSU will play Arkansas. (They would have played LSU had LSU beaten Arkansas.)

Wait, what? TCU got an invite from the Big East? Link?

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5862368

Geography be damned! lol

Big East is desperately trying to both raise their reputation in football and keep their conference from falling apart. The big rumors are still out there that Rutgers and ND will eventually join the Big 10 (along with Missouri and Maryland) with Rutgers being part of the next pair to be announced (spring 2011 along with Missouri).

Few really funny things here... Boise St., Fresno St. and Nevada are all slated to leave the WAC to join the MWC. The MWC in this past year has now lost BYU (independent), Utah (Pac 10) and now TCU (Big East). Their 3 premier teams are now gone and Boise is just moving from one crappy conference to another now. If Boise, Nevada, Utah, TCU and BYU were all in the same conference they'd probably be able to take the Big East's auto-bid which is up for re-evaluation when? 2013... 1 year after TCU joins the Big East...haha.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5862368

Geography be damned! lol

Big East is desperately trying to both raise their reputation in football and keep their conference from falling apart. The big rumors are still out there that Rutgers and ND will eventually join the Big 10 (along with Missouri and Maryland) with Rutgers being part of the next pair to be announced (spring 2011 along with Missouri).

Few really funny things here... Boise St., Fresno St. and Nevada are all slated to leave the WAC to join the MWC. The MWC in this past year has now lost BYU (independent), Utah (Pac 10) and now TCU (Big East). Their 3 premier teams are now gone and Boise is just moving from one crappy conference to another now. If Boise, Nevada, Utah, TCU and BYU were all in the same conference they'd probably be able to take the Big East's auto-bid which is up for re-evaluation when? 2013... 1 year after TCU joins the Big East...haha.

LOL - great observation: Boise has just made a lateral move, not an upward one.

I'm glad to see TCU move to the Big East. I guess this will give us a better idea of what TCU is really made of. However, considering the state of the Big East, I don't think the level of competition there is that much better than in the MWC. I think the Big East is panicking a bit - everyone knows that they'll be the first AQ school to lose their AQ bid if it comes to that. I'm thinking they'll probably at some point sell the proverbial farm in an attempt to get Notre Dame to join the Big East in football. Before someone laughs at that, the Big East would readily allow Notre Dame to keep their NBC contract and probably allow them to keep their ND automatic BCS bid status (i.e., that stupid rule that allows ND to be picked if they are in the top 8 of the BCS or whatever it is). In fact, not only would the Big East do that, but they'd even give them the lion's share of whatever other TV deals come out of the Big East (e.g., like the Big East Network or whatever). The Big Ten sure as hell wouldn't give Notre Dame all of that.

So the NCAA says Cam's dad definitely shopped him around for $180k+, that is definitely a violation and... the only punishment is that Cam's dad now has "limited" access to the Auburn program.

Some people think it's not over but this is a joke of a ruling if that's the end of it. It basically tells any family member of a highly rated prospect to go out and ask every booster you can for money (that way the school won't get in trouble) and in return you will push your son, nephew, whatever to their school. Spielman and Hooley on 97.1 The Fan today were pretty much like, "Hey, Braxton Miller's dad, time to start going around asking for money. There's pretty much no consequences."

Yup, if I were Reggie Bush, I'm immediately calling up the NCAA and the Heisman folks and saying, "Oh, hey, I didn't know anything about it. It was all my parents. I just figured the won the lottery or something. Anyway, since I didn't know about it, I'd like my Heisman back and all of those wins reinstated. Kthnxbai."

Seriously, what a joke. I think (hope?) the investigation's not over with yet. How can anyone believe Cam had no idea what his dad was doing? In addition to that just not making any common sense, don't they have reports from one of the recruiters from Miss State saying that Cam said, "Sorry, can't come there, it's all about the money," or something to that effect?