wood floor install question

Snowflake

is it laminate or real wood? with the laminate in the kitchen, we put the long side in first up close to the short side, then tap it in...make sure the long side is in tight enough that it lays down flat. if the board has to be forced down, its not in tight enough. sounds odd but you'll know what im talking about once you try

if you need a hand (which i really owe you big time), im pretty sure im off all day friday, for sure all day saturday, and sunday morning

me and andy did that whole floor in the kitchen in a few hours. we could have done it quicker but we were just going at our own pace

and ive got a nice tool to pull them into place. a couple 2x4s nailed together like a T will do just fine too

is it laminate or real wood? with the laminate in the kitchen, we put the long side in first up close to the short side, then tap it in...make sure the long side is in tight enough that it lays down flat. if the board has to be forced down, its not in tight enough. sounds odd but you'll know what im talking about once you try

if you need a hand (which i really owe you big time), im pretty sure im off all day friday, for sure all day saturday, and sunday morning

me and andy did that whole floor in the kitchen in a few hours. we could have done it quicker but we were just going at our own pace

and ive got a nice tool to pull them into place. a couple 2x4s nailed together like a T will do just fine too

I thought this would be a piece of cake but it has turned into shit.

I tried to respond to your pm, but your inbox is full.

Here is the link you are looking for: http://www.fasttrackauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?fasttrack1162/category/ALL

Thank you sir, I will pass it on to someone interested.

Try to do one whole row at a time (end to end) them snap the whole row into place. That is what I had to do and had to have my brother help because it was a 18 foot length. I think it was Mohawk brand or something like that.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Well I went to work tonight and came home 6 hours later to find a FUCKING SHIT TON OF FUCKING WATER on my kitchen floor. I must have broke the line for the ice maker while I ever so gently man-handled that fucking fridge around.

Well jumping the gun I grabbed a hammer and beat the copper water line flat thinking it would stop the water so I could break the line and shove it into the crawl and figure it out from there. This is when it got really fucking bad.

Once I flattened out that line I went to cut it and wouldnt you know it had some real fucking pressure on it. Me beating that copper flat only made it spray out like a mini fire hose. It was spraying water everywhere and I was all alone cause the dog sure got the fuck missing.

I ran to the crawl space hole which I barely fit in and belly crawled in through many, many spider webs. Oh, and it turns out that I was crawling through mud because of the floor leaking all day. I yank 2 or 3 times to get the line down and its spraying all over the fucking place.. I start to try and trace it down and this is when I see the shut off.

At that point I was wishing I had known of this shut off and where it was before. I was covered in spider webs and mud. My new flooring I got down now has to come back up because water is everywhere..

I work friday night Evan. My brother-in-law is coming over tomorrow to bail me out. If I dont get it done I will let you know. At this point it cant get no worse so Im expecting smooth sailing after the clean up since I figured out how to get the boards together with little effort. And then this.

dude - go to your water meter in the house, there should be a turn off lever. shut the whole water system to your house down. if you dont, theres constant water pressure going thru it, unless you have a shutoff under your sink where your fridge line is likely tapped into

once you shut the water off, get that shit dried up completely. wet laminate will bow and you cant fix it.

text me if you want me to stop out friday. we can get all that shit done in a short afternoon