Healthy vending machines?

2pointslow

Healthy usually means low or no preservatives. This can be an issue since most vending machines are not temperature controlled. Vending machine items are usually impulse buys. You'll have to find things that are appealing and able to be eaten on-the-go.

What would it contain?

It would be climate controlled...

healthy drink alternatives...

naked juices

water

cliff bars

protein bars

baked chips

pita chips

protein shakes

healthy granola bars

Etc....etc..

Its a good idea but probably not a money maker.

Look at society today. We are unhealthy as a whole and nobody is gonna wanna drop three-fitty into a machine for a Naked that may or may not come out. Dont get me wrong set up in the perfect location you would get sales but at the cost of being healthy these days I doubt theres a profit to be had.

Good luck and if I see one one day Ill be sure to check the prices at the very least.

Edited by Snowflake

You would need multiple locations. Somewhere near a gym, etc would probably be best. You need to keep in mind the maintenance. Most of the guys I have sold vending machines for have been happy to get away from the constant activity of having to tend to the machines and the people bitching about their dollars being stolen, etc.

The problem is that people who eat healthy never think to go near a vending machine in the first place, so you have a bunch of pissed off fat people wondering where the nutty bars are.

Honestly, if im out and i get hungry its very upsetting that there are no quick options for people who like to lead a healthy life style. Something that offers some nutritional benefit is better than anything offered at this point.

i think it would be a good idea, but some of that stuff wouldnt be cheap (protein shakes, etc). as much as i like to say i'd go grab one if we had them at my work, im probably not going to stick $3+ into a vending machine for a protein shake

I think its a good idea, and like someone said, placing them in health concious areas like outside or in gyms and places like that would be the best. However I do often wish that there were an alternative to the crap that is in the company's vending machines. Perhaps go to large manufacturing sites, like budweiser and other to have one or two machines on site

Check out FruitiquePopsicles.com. (Pardon the website, a new one is in the works) The girl who started it is a really good friend of my brother. Right now she has vending machines in Polaris and Tuttle Mall, as well as a couple other businesses around columbus, and her product at WholeFoods.

The Cream based Fruitiques, including strawberry, banana, and cappuccino, are organic and are a little worse for you than the water based ones which only have like 100 calories like the key lime. She has more flavors than that, but those are my favorites.

They are freaking delicious.

muscle milk would probably be a decent seller

oh, and fucking CARD READERS. nobody carries cash these days, if you can find vending machines that have debit card readers you don't have to pay credit card fees. Also, if someone breaks into it you are out a lot less

Maybe inside a gym it would sell.. but then you would have to work that angle with all these damn corporate gyms around here.

Every gym ive ever been too already had a "snack area" inside. i highly doubt they would let an outside person come in to make any profit off of their customer's.

Personally I think its a great idea but i just dont think it will work. We have 4 vending machines at work, two with candy, one with ice cream and one with microwavable food (soups, hot pockets etc...) occassionally ill see an apple or an orange in that machine but ive never seen anyone buy one.

EDIT: Oh and Muscle Milk is like 2$/bottle wholesale cost, so their pretty damn expensive. But if you could figure out a way to have a card reader in a machine i think people would be more likely to spend more on a better product.

muscle milk would probably be a decent seller

oh, and fucking CARD READERS. nobody carries cash these days, if you can find vending machines that have debit card readers you don't have to pay credit card fees. Also, if someone breaks into it you are out a lot less

not at 4-5$ a bottle....