Best deal ever?

pontiacfreak142

I think so!

so basically i had a SBC 350 lined up for a 100 bucks. Well that fell through because my dad, for some reason had a change of mind (after giving me the idea to get the 350 in the first place none the less) and didnt want me to get it due to the fact that it would take up space in the garage. I was working on talking him into it, but another friend ended up picking it up.

So today we were over at a friends house drinking and playin some cornhole, when i look over to see a some what stripped down motor just sitting in the drive way. I went over to check it out and remembered it had came out of the friends mid 90's chevy 1500 pick up and was a 350. My dad had helped him pull it so i asked what was actually wrong with it. they said it just wasnt running on a few cylinders when they pulled it. so i was bored and pulled the heads off, just to find a blown head gasket as the culprit. I asked if he was interested in getting rid of it and he said yea. Well i managed to get my dad to go along with it and asked how much he wanted for it.

He turns and looks at me and says " you get me a 12 pack of busch light bottles and its yours" lmao.

Needles to say i bought him 2 cases but ended up walking away with a prefectly good 350 for 15 bucks lol.

his dad went along with playing dumb, after he already knew it was just a gasket.

You stop asking your dad for advice because your 22!? im 25 and id consult my father for advice any day if i need it.... just as i consult friends or anybody else that might be of help, whatever the matter at hand