Options for having the June 18th event

MrMeanGreen

At this point, we need about 45 people total to have the event. We're at 16.

Two options I'm weighing:

1) Running a half day event, from noon to 4, or 1pm to 5pm. People will still be able to attend the Friday Night Drags for free.

2) Running one lane for the event

Or a combination of both.

If you DO NOT want to run at the event considering these two options, you need to let me know by Wednesday and I will refund your entry fee. I reserve the right to do what's necessary to have this event, and will cut corners if need be.

Thanks.

I'll probably be in the minority on this but...

I would much rather have the full day and single lane for the following reasons.

1.) 4 hours is really not a lot of time for a high powered car to get in a number of passes because of necessary cool down and whatnot.

2.) Starting in the afternoon vs morning likely means much hotter conditions which means slower track times/tougher track prep.

3.) Even if you run 2 lanes and somebody oil's down 1 lane then the track still closes to clean it up. (It isn't like they'll just let us go 1 lane to the unaffected one). If they have changed this policy then great but I'd be surprised to see it. Assuming this is true then only running for 4 hours is that much more risky if there is a significant clean up.

For me, it mainly comes down to maximizing my time to make sure we get in enough time to accomplish what we want. My assumption is that most of us are either taking a day off of work or blowing off school for something like this. So with that said, I just want to feel like it was worth using the time off for.

Also, I'd be willing in to kick in more $$$ if the other people who have already decided to sign up are willing to do the same in order to make the event happen under the usual conditions.

At this point, we need about 45 people total to have the event. We're at 16.

Two options I'm weighing:

1) Running a half day event, from noon to 4, or 1pm to 5pm. People will still be able to attend the Friday Night Drags for free.

2) Running one lane for the event

Or a combination of both.

If you DO NOT want to run at the event considering these two options, you need to let me know by Wednesday and I will refund your entry fee. I reserve the right to do what's necessary to have this event, and will cut corners if need be.

Thanks.

will you know what the situation will be by wednesday? for me it dont make sense to drive almost 2 hours to run half day for $43, i can get that kinda time at kilkare for $15, that is 5 min from my house. if it drops to one lane that kinda takes away the potential for any match races too. the original format really looks good, i hope the car count picks up because this could turn out to be a good time but if not then im prally gonna drop. the idea of payin a lil extra sounds good, how much per person?

Move the event to a weekend? (i.e. the 19th) Id love to attend but I might not be the only one in the boat that just can't take off work.

Just my 2 cents.

It's next to impossible to secure a track rental on a weekend date.

have you thought about doing a weekend 1 day event. Not just for members but advertise and pass out flyers and such. Get sponsors to throw in money to set up a booth at the event which will help the rental cost and help the sponsors in selling product. I'm not bashing on IFO becuase I love their events but if they can do it then i'm sure letting all cars and setting up certain classes will be a huge hit. I would help organize some of it if you would be willing to do that. Not sure if this year is an option or not but maybe for next year???

I see 100-200 cars at these super small car shows all the time that charge 15bucks entry. If you would hold a car show and charge the same entry you will probably have double the cars considering where it would be held and go around and get local area businesses to sponsor each trophy that way you have no money in that. I mean $15 at even 300 car = $4500. Just a thought this may be the wrong thread to pitch my ideas in though sorry

have you thought about doing a weekend 1 day event. Not just for members but advertise and pass out flyers and such. Get sponsors to throw in money to set up a booth at the event which will help the rental cost and help the sponsors in selling product. I'm not bashing on IFO becuase I love their events but if they can do it then i'm sure letting all cars and setting up certain classes will be a huge hit. I would help organize some of it if you would be willing to do that. Not sure if this year is an option or not but maybe for next year???

I see 100-200 cars at these super small car shows all the time that charge 15bucks entry. If you would hold a car show and charge the same entry you will probably have double the cars considering where it would be held and go around and get local area businesses to sponsor each trophy that way you have no money in that. I mean $15 at even 300 car = $4500. Just a thought this may be the wrong thread to pitch my ideas in though sorry

double the cars means even less runs for the people who actually want to race.

an cr holds a car show once a year for the garage/trailer queens

Ill be shaking the new setup out so I really dont care if it's one lane or two. It doesnt appear that there is anywhere near the interest needed for an event though. Columbusimafraidtorace.com should be better

double the cars means even less runs for the people who actually want to race.

an cr holds a car show once a year for the garage/trailer queens

If it's a rented weekend day it will last a long time so more runs for people anyway. If your there and pay to race at the event then that is people who want to race IMO.

When is the car show because I want to take my car?

I am planinng on bring our 3 cars I just haven't signed up yet because of working on the Cuda to get ready for this past weekend event at Trails. I would think at this point one lane all day would be better for us because of cool down and adjustments to the cars.

NTR emailed me back and said they'd work with us pending on how many we have signed up.

At this point I'd say we'll still do all day, and do one lane only if necessary. I'll have a better answer on Friday.

I think because it was so close to the other one in April, and because of the holidays. People forget.

I'm gonna spread them out further next year, I was just trying to avoid having an event in July when it's hot as fuck out.

I think because it was so close to the other one in April, and because of the holidays. People forget.

I'm gonna spread them out further next year, I was just trying to avoid having an event in July when it's hot as fuck out.

July is a busy month for most people, I would have thought the june date would have been a hit.

July is a busy month for most people, I would have thought the june date would have been a hit.

I agree. July is usually rough between the extreme heat and vacations. There was almost 2 months in between the April one and this so I'm not sure what the problem is for most people.