Options for having the June 18th event

MrMeanGreen

Maybe i'm smoking crack but i could've swore i read a thread that was an idea about having slow cars only pay $20? if that's the case i'll take 2 tickets most likely...otherwise i'll just come watch.

Also, I'd be willing in to kick in more $$$ if the other people who have already decided to sign up are willing to do the same in order to make the event happen under the usual conditions.

X2

I'll probably be in the minority on this but...

I would much rather have the full day and single lane for the following reasons.

1.) 4 hours is really not a lot of time for a high powered car to get in a number of passes because of necessary cool down and whatnot.

2.) Starting in the afternoon vs morning likely means much hotter conditions which means slower track times/tougher track prep.

3.) Even if you run 2 lanes and somebody oil's down 1 lane then the track still closes to clean it up. (It isn't like they'll just let us go 1 lane to the unaffected one). If they have changed this policy then great but I'd be surprised to see it. Assuming this is true then only running for 4 hours is that much more risky if there is a significant clean up.

For me, it mainly comes down to maximizing my time to make sure we get in enough time to accomplish what we want. My assumption is that most of us are either taking a day off of work or blowing off school for something like this. So with that said, I just want to feel like it was worth using the time off for.

I think you should go on a weekend, and pay 10 so you can sit in the pit for an hour while you wait to get up to staging. Then let us know how many times you ran your car when the full day is over.

I think you should go on a weekend, and pay 10 so you can sit in the pit for an hour while you wait to get up to staging. Then let us know how many times you ran your car when the full day is over.

I'm not sure I get your point (or sarcasm)? I certainly understand how awful it is to go to a weekend event, sit in staging lanes all day and barely make any passes (I just did it this weekend in Norwalk).

That is why I would say most of us love the track rentals and are willing to pay much more than $10 to run. To me, paying $50-$60 to basically pull our car up whenever we want to make a pass in well worth it in terms of stress level and overall enjoyment. That was my point.

3 times in 12 hours - been there done that shit!