and the new project begins!...

pontiacfreak142

:cool: come get some? jk

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/pontiacfreak142/3502.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/pontiacfreak142/350.jpg

my new toy. When all is said and done im hoping to make around 450 horse. its going to be a .30 over 383 stroker with about 10.5:1 compression. im hoping to get the block into the shop to be bored next week.

P.S, its the block in the front/right

Guest tbutera2112
lol, not exactly. and the difference is, this one is actually in my garage (unlike the last one that i got screwed on)

goodluck on the swap then, cant wait to see what its capable of after its done :thumbup:

you going auto with it or stick?

thanks man. its gonna be auto still. the plan for now is, im just gonna have my 4L60 rebuilt with 4L65 parts and possibly a full manual valve body, but not sure on that yet lol.

i cant wait either, i weighed my car at trails and with a basically full interior, it came in at 3055 pounds. So 3055 pound car 450 hp should = fun lol.

wow go save yourself all kinds of labor on those junk blocks. get a dart little m

1200 racer at jegs. and ready to rock. minus hone.

you need bore hone align hone deck. if they can evan clean up the rusty bores.

get afrs. prety much all sbc cyl heads cost the same maybe 100 dif in price.

unless you plan on never spraying then the patriot heads at jegs are a good deal

800 pr complete. should get your goals with them.

450 at the wheels or crank? 450 crank should not be difficult, wheels will be. If you would rather stick with fuel injection I have an LT1 block that has already been to the machine shop and is ready to go. It would need clearanced for the 383 crank and bored .030 over though. I was going to build a replacement motor for my Camaro and ended up getting a Golen 383 street strip short block instead.

450 at the wheels or crank? 450 crank should not be difficult, wheels will be. If you would rather stick with fuel injection I have an LT1 block that has already been to the machine shop and is ready to go. It would need clearanced for the 383 crank and bored .030 over though. I was going to build a replacement motor for my Camaro and ended up getting a Golen 383 street strip short block instead.

crank. im not building anything wild as the internals im going with are just cast and are only good up to about 500 crank anyway. That would be tempting, but im just goin carbed cause im tired of messing with computers.

On a related note, this is my new project, hoping for 700 crank on pump:

http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/pile-of-shit-on-the-road.jpg

You're entirely mean spirited. Why would you even take the time to post something like that in this thread?

Check with your machine shop then on line honing. The block may need it anyhow, but I think you'll want to go 4 bolt, may as well go with splayed. But, it'll require line honing which may blow your machine shop budget. Speaking of which, just out of curiosity, what is your budget for this project? I found I could buy a short block already set up for about the same cost as doing it all myself with good parts, but that way I have no surprises and a warranty.

This project thread is lame. Gary, stop talking and start doing. To the rest of you thread shitters, :gtfo: nobody does this crap in your project threads.

TRUTH! That is what I LOVE about CR everybody is either Austin Coil or Michael Schumacher on the internet.

My dad is going forward with his SBC swap into the old 1994 car. He will be making a bit more power but it will be more of a track car. If you need any info let me know and I can see what he has dowloaded and researched.

why dont you pay me to build you a real motor that will stay together make great power and last a while.

oh splayed caps are 550 bucks on a already junk 2 bolt block.

a dart shp block is 1200.

you will spend more than that for the deck, alignhone, bore to .030 or .040 if need be, tq plate hone, and 550 for the splayed caps.

yes 2 bolt caps will hold to 500 with arps. but why build it twice?

i have the dart shp block here for my 357 in the s10. it already has 4 bolt splayed caps,

safely bore to 4.185" so way thicker bores, blind head bolts, no water issues arround head gaskets, u can get pistons for a std deck height.

most are made for 9.000 dh wich would require a deck on the block. u need to keep the piston .035-.040 quench to get your power number

if you put a piston made for a 9.000 dh in your stock dh block then you are. .063-.067 depending on your deck. and some pistons are made 9.000 but sit .010 in the bore thats .070-.075 and very shitty power will be the result.