iPhone 4

Earl1647545488

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Let's see....to go from 16 gig the 32 gig costs them what, $5 to build yet the jack the price up another $100? Plus in order to do video chat you have to be on wi-fi where the EVO can do it on the Sprint network. Plus the new iphone has fucking ADS on it???

I bet the most popular thing about the new iphone to the majority of people is that you can play fucking farmville on it. SELLING POINT!

the ads are in apps that developers make, not in the phones themselves. The ads in apps make the app free.

Your sprint network has 3 people on it, the CEO, you and one other guy of course you can video across their network, no one uses it. I have never even seen farmville.

I'm up for upgrade. I'm upgrading to the Iphone 4g. Mostly because I don't want to deal with switching carriers or buying 2 new phones. "Me and wife have iphones".

I will say If i did not have to switch carriers I think a HTC Incred is a killer phone. But ATT does not have a good android phone.

I am a Iphone Whore though ;). I love my current one but its slow compared to Incred.

Thanks, heh. I might be in a similar situation as you. I have family in Panama, and I go there about every six months. My iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked, and I use a pre-pay SIM with Cable & Wireless Panama while I'm down there. When I saw this new phone using only Micro SIM, I thought I was screwed until I saw those tools are available.

Still, the remaining hurdle is unlocking iOS 4.0.

Done

Thanks GEOHOT and DevTEam ;-). And if they use a Userspace hack "I'm wagering it will be" We will have a unteathered jailbreak REALLY REALLY soon. They have already jailbroken the os 4 betas. It makes me want a IPAD :(.

the ads are in apps that developers make, not in the phones themselves. The ads in apps make the app free.

Your sprint network has 3 people on it, the CEO, you and one other guy of course you can video across their network, no one uses it. I have never even seen farmville.

Say what you want about Sprint, but I pay $30 a month for 500 minutes, free nights and weekends, and unlimited text and internet. Find me a company that can come even remotely close to that and I'll switch.

it's not 200 "more" it the same price if you were a new customer. Last year to upgrade early it was 400, 500 for 16 gb and 32 gb. This year it is 200, 300.

I guess I read it wrong. The wording on that chart is no good. "Early Upgrade" sounds exactly like it is written to me, like you are upgrading early which is what we were talking about.

I just bought a 3GS last month. Anyone think customer service would let me upgrade to the iPhone 4?

Lol, and a week after I got my 3GS, it was jailbroken. It's so much more fun this way! Took me a few minutes to figure out how to do it with the newer bootrom, but Cydia FTW.

Say what you want about Sprint' date=' but I pay $30 a month for 500 minutes, free nights and weekends, and unlimited text and internet. Find me a company that can come even remotely close to that and I'll switch.[/quote']

It could be free for all I care - Sprint's service is total shit and then some. I've been dealing with Sprint for almost 7 years with my work phones...100% garbage.

Dropped calls, call's not coming in at all, voice mails showing up days late, data services locking up, no signal issues...all in Franklin county no less. All this with about a dozen different phones, sporting anything from a couple differnt Samsungs, several Palm phones of various models, HTC phone, and now my Blackberry Tour.

Also for the JB people, I had to download iTunes 9.2 beta to activate the phone last night. iTunes 9.2 beta is available to developers, I don't know if JB can get it.

But the phone would not activate in the curent 9.1.1 iTunes for the Gold Master version of iOS 4. JB peeps beware.

I just bought a 3GS last month. Anyone think customer service would let me upgrade to the iPhone 4?

Last year they let people get the new phone if they had gotten the old one within x amount of time, more than the normal return time. I've not heard anything about that this year yet, but IIRC they didn't announce it right away either. Are you within the return period... I don't know what the window is for AT&T or if there even is one?

Just call AT&T customer service or go into a store and ask them, it never hurts to ask!

Putty is the other guy...:cool: LOL

Last year they let people get the new phone if they had gotten the old one within x amount of time, more than the normal return time. I've not heard anything about that this year yet, but IIRC they didn't announce it right away either. Are you within the return period... I don't know what the window is for AT&T or if there even is one?

Just call AT&T customer service or go into a store and ask them, it never hurts to ask!

It's thirty days IIRC.

I called AT&T customer service last night to see what I would have to pay for an upgrade for the new 4G and they had no clue. They told me I would have to go into or call a store to find out. What system the store employees have access to that regular customer service does not I will never know.

So glad I am done with that whole jailbreak shit.

Also, Facetime being iphone 4 to iphone 4 on wifi only is major FAIL. VGA front camera another FAIL.

Screen is a win. Size is a win.

Return period is 30 days For AT&T and if you just bought a iPhone, return it, because they will make you pay full price for a iPhone 4, that price is over $600. My date of upgrade is not until January 31st 2011. It will only allow me to upgrade by paying full price. But i am just going to hand my mom my 3GS and add a new line and iphone for her and swap sim cards. She will get my 3GS and I will buy the IPhone 4. She will not pay for a phone and her monthy bill through us will only be about $45. We have the 1400 min family plan and have over 8000 rollover minutes. Their family plans are retarded, the one we are on is too big, the one below is too small.

Return period is 30 days For AT&T and if you just bought a iPhone, return it, because they will make you pay full price for a iPhone 4, that price is over $600. My date of upgrade is not until January 31st 2011. It will only allow me to upgrade by paying full price. But i am just going to hand my mom my 3GS and add a new line and iphone for her and swap sim cards. She will get my 3GS and I will buy the IPhone 4.

I think 01/31/2011 is my upgrade date too...