World Record for Pullups in a day

Mojoe

And the guy is only 19. Damn!

http://www.thecalifornian.com/article/20100608/NEWS01/6080307/U-S-Navy-Seaman-Jason-Armstrong-breaks-world-pull-up-record-in-Pacific-Grove

On Memorial Day, Armstrong performed 3,376 overhand pull-ups at the In-Shape Fitness gym in Pacific Grove. His effort helped raise $5,000 for the Wounded Warrior project.

According to the World Amazing Records website, the 19-year-old Armstrong set the world record for most pull-ups done in one day.

Armstrong said the money would be used to provide goods and services for families of wounded soldiers abroad.

"I hope to do everything I can in support of the U.S. military and those soldiers that have already sacrificed so much," the two-year seaman said.

Armstrong, a native of the Dallas, Texas area, is studying Chinese at the Defense Language Institute's Foreign Language Center in Monterey.

He trained daily for about a year on both reverse and overhand pull-ups, but has been preparing as an athlete since age 13.

Armstrong was a swimmer and gymnast who also played football, and as he grew older, he became more competitive.

During his mission to set a new mark for the most pull-ups in 24 hours on May 30, he also broke the 6- and 12-hour world records.

They're not the first world records for Armstrong, who is listed on the ultra-distance world records page of the concepts2 rowing website for the 100,000 meter individual row in his age group. He earned that record of 6 hours, 46 minutes and 0 seconds Nov. 8.

Five days after his Memorial Day pull-up performance, he'd already begun training for indoor rowing again.

Though Armstrong said it will take him about two to three weeks to fully recuperate from the pull-ups effort, he said he would do them again for a good cause.

Give me 6 lines of blow and a bottle of Tequila.. I'll destroy that record.

It's not that he has a problem with coke, he just really likes the way it smells. ;)

Badass.

Anyone else find it a little bit fun his name is ARMstrong.

lol Yeah, caught that, too.