Why aren't my usb ports working?

Bam

So i'm trying to get info from my flash drive to my comp, but my computer won't recognize it. And then I try and print something and it won't print, again, i think because the usb ports aren't working.

I have 4, 2 in front, and 2 in back, none are working. any ideas?

Wouldn't be a Dell GX270 would it? Had a stack of these and the caps on the motherboard were defective and caused the USB ports to not work. Could be a hardware problem. I'm guessing you've checked the device manager and the BIOS to make sure everything looks good? If so, I'd crack the case and look at the motherboard - look for bloated or exploded caps... Good luck!

Because it's not an......

...Acer, of course.

is this machine old? if so, drivers could be your problem. pre-windows XP you had to manually install drivers for USB. also, Check to make sure their plugged into the motherboard. everything is labeled, so it wont be hard to find where they go.

It's a 3year old compaq from best buy...i tried rebooting it, nada. I'm running vista i believe.

And I don't know how to uninstall the root hub, or any of that computer ish, laymans directions?

thanks