Just another reason to NOT like soccer....

HotCarl

:o

typical, always someone else's fault.

They had plenty of chances to score in the second half, SA could have won by atleast 2 points, but they arent so good at getting it in the net as they are hitting the outside of the post.

Fuck soccer who gives a crap about it

Woreld cup started what yesterday, and I'm alreaddy sick of hearing about it.

The whole "woreld" cares about it, and you need to bring your patriotism today, USA vs England at 1:30pm

Soccer is boring as hell.

Eh, I've been playing soccer since I was little and still love it. USA will NEVER do well in the World Cup as longs as folks like y'all continue to hate on the sport. Brazil has won 5 World Cups, and rightly so. "Football" isn't a game to them, its a way of life.

Eh, I've been playing soccer since I was little and still love it. USA will NEVER do well in the World Cup as longs as folks like y'all continue to hate on the sport. Brazil has won 5 World Cups, and rightly so. "Football" isn't a game to them, its a way of life.

Wouldnt hate it if they shortened the field by 50 yards ,played 15 minute halves and had 4 guys plus a goalie on the field at a time. Then when the world cup came around, if someone actually scored a goal on opening night it would be epic!

I enjoy it being a avid player through out my life.

The thing soccer needs is more scoring, and to do so I say you rid the game from a floating offside line and fix it like hockey or something similar, and this should promote a little more scoring and action.

I enjoy it being a avid player through out my life.

The thing soccer needs is more scoring, and to do so I say you rid the game from a floating offside line and fix it like hockey or something similar, and this should promote a little more scoring and action.

less theatrics as well. Some of these players are the biggest flops i have ever seen. They need to do official replays and expose those turds.

Wouldnt hate it if they shortened the field by 50 yards ,played 15 minute halves and had 4 guys plus a goalie on the field at a time. Then when the world cup came around, if someone actually scored a goal on opening night it would be epic!

As somewhat of a combination between these two, indoor soccer is by far a much more fast-paced and interesting game to watch.

less theatrics as well. Some of these players are the biggest flops i have ever seen. They need to do official replays and expose those turds.

I don't think its any worse than the NBA... :confused:

Goals and soccer are similar to passing and F1 racing. They may not be happening every 3 seconds like NASCAR, but when it actually happens there's more to cheer about.

Goals and soccer are similar to passing and F1 racing. They may not be happening every 3 seconds like NASCAR' date=' but when it actually happens there's more to cheer about.[/quote']

Totally get that...the problem comes during the actual match when nothing is happening!

I don't think its any worse than the NBA... :confused:

WHAT?! I'll give you this, there are some "floppers" in the NBA but NOTHING compares to the guys screaming and crying on a soccer pitch b/c someone ran in front of them and MIGHT have tripped them. Im a huge hockey/football/rugby fan so to me thats an insult to the fans, the game and themselves when they try and pull a penalty like that. Fucking aweful.

Just to clear up, i dont hate soccer but its shit like that that i HATE. Soccer is a very challenging game and i give props to anyone who can play it at an elite level, but quit the theatrics. Play the game and quit crying.

So its b/c of the US's non-soccer fans that we will never win a world cup huh? That makes perfect sense.

So its b/c of the US's non-soccer fans that we will never win a world cup huh? That makes perfect sense.

No, its the fact that there are so many "non-soccer fans" here in the states. There's no way for us to raise those truly epic players when soccer itself "isn't a big deal." Those kids that are natural athletes end up playing football, basketball, and baseball because they're the more socially "cool" sports to play.

No, its the fact that there are so many "non-soccer fans" here in the states. There's no way for us to raise those truly epic players when soccer itself "isn't a big deal." Those kids that are natural athletes end up playing football, basketball, and baseball because they're the more socially "cool" sports to play.

I agree with this. I do see the attitudes evolving though. I would never have guessed in a million years the Crew would still be viable when they started back in the mid 90s.

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/153807-1/Soccer_peekaboo.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/133506-2/Soccer_doubledive.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/152289-1/Soccer_kisses.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/145237-1/Soccer_penis_bite.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/143953-1/Soccer_actors.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/143667-1/Soccer_dive_mouth.gif

Dude your telling me? im a fan of a sport that is dominated by canadian's. I play with a bunch of canadian guys from time to time and one put it simple, "in the states your natural atheletes that have true talent gravitate towards football, basketball and baseball. In canada, hockey is number 1, nothing else" (i ad-libbed a bit). Switch out hockey for soccer and you have the rest of the world's sports. Regardless of how the sport grows here, us not being fans isnt going to determine how the US will finish this World Cup.

Dude your telling me? im a fan of a sport that is dominated by canadian's. I play with a bunch of canadian guys from time to time and one put it simple, "in the states your natural atheletes that have true talent gravitate towards football, basketball and baseball. In canada, hockey is number 1, nothing else" (i ad-libbed a bit). Switch out hockey for soccer and you have the rest of the world's sports. Regardless of how the sport grows here, us not being fans isnt going to determine how the US will finish this World Cup.

What's interesting is that someone told me the United States was second in ticket sales for this World Cup behind the host nation. Seems like it's gaining attention here but not quickly enough.