small mouth bassin around Cbus

qwkgto

Anyone fish ,I and looking to do some fishing in and around Columbus,I would be fishing from my Skeeter boat with a 115 Evinrude,looking for some info where to go,heard around Alumn Creek,lookin for an area where theirs alot of rock.. thanks in advanced..

PS whenever these monsoons stop here in OHIO

I like how you included your engine and size in your description. LOL

Sorry I cant help you though, I hate fishing.

that way people can suggest waters to go on...ie, you can't go on hoover with anything over a 9.9hp, so knowing its a 115 would be too much to go out there

+2 delaware has some pretty good spots when its not so friggin muddy, this rain has been killin my season out this year. missed out on a lot of crappy due to the bad weather. but there are a lot of good bass spots up river on delaware. that and buckeye lake has some good spots to hit up as well. id avoid indian lakes out of belfountain, its always shallow as hell and would not suggest any boats larger than a 25 hp unless you keep it on the north east side of the lake (because its so shallow). but if you ever want to go out some where and start go fishin hit me up, id be down.

Griggs reservoir I've heard is one of the best bass lakes in Central Ohio. I don't speak from experience, but the president of the OSU Bass Fishing Club ( yes it's real and awesome ) told me this.

I've also heard Alum Creek can be productive as well, but you need somebody familiar with the bottom structure to help you out.

never been to griggs but ive heard good things, i thought that was a limited motor size resrvoir?

alum creek is easy to learn, its better fishing if you go further north on the lake and follow the river channel up quite a ways. that or stay down close to the damn itself. ive always had better luck up north though.

Get a small motor go to hoover.... ill take you fishing!

My dad and i usually clean up when we go to hoover.

Also lake hargas (sp?) is 45 min from here. Only trolling motors allowed, has some of the largest bass i have ever caught in ohio.

Alumn is to recreational and over fished...

I like how you included your engine and size in your description. LOL

Sorry I cant help you though, I hate fishing.

well that was done so some places have restriction on engine sizes you can run on the water..

I guess ill just have to wing it after the water clears up usually anything on the Ohio natural resources site is overfished and overrated like Knox lake. I like river fishing thats where the fun is, that and smaller creeks are some of the best times Ive had for smallies,caught several a few weeks back that went over 2.5 lbs locally.

here is a few shots of a some of the fish ive caught,I need to take camera and more pics

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/qwks15/DSC01521.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/qwks15/005.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/qwks15/DSC01519.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l74/qwks15/004-1.jpg

just to add to this thread, i was up at hoover today fishing from the banks. hooked a nice bass, probably 17-18", jumped up out of the water, flopped around, and came off my hook. 2nd time this week ive hooked a decent sized bass and the mother fucker has flopped off. i guess i need to start setting that hook a little better.

i pulled this one out of darby near the confluence over memorial day

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs595.snc3/31346_10100183794990285_12409159_56296583_6994831_n.jpg

ive caught lots of smallies in big walnut. the further down from hoover, the better IMO. ive had good luck between refugee rd and 270 bridge. also had some good luck near the dam at the water treatment plant. until some city workers kicked me out lol.

its more of a wading trip than a boat trip though.

at alum, ive had good luck near the marina on the southwest side. also had good luck at the top of the dam. caught a few nice catfish up there too.

just to add to this thread, i was up at hoover today fishing from the banks. hooked a nice bass, probably 17-18", jumped up out of the water, flopped around, and came off my hook. 2nd time this week ive hooked a decent sized bass and the mother fucker has flopped off. i guess i need to start setting that hook a little better.

that what I love about them smallie they are fighters,i had one break my line this morning in a local creek..my oldest son and I went,plann on going somewhere this afternoon, what better way to spend dads day then fishing with your sons.