Skinner

Penetrating oil . Average load .. Price per fluid ounce

None ................. 516 pounds .

WD-40 .............. 238 pounds .. $0.25

PB Blaster ......... 214 pounds .. $0.35

Liquid Wrench ... 127 pounds .. $0.21

Kano Kroil ........ 106 pounds .. $0.75

ATF-Acetone mix 50/50mix.. 53 pounds .. $0.10

found this one of the Jeep forums I am a member of and that it was interesting so figured I would share.

On a related note, I hosed down an O2 sensor in my truck with PB Blaster over the weekend and let it soak for an hour. It had been in place for 258,000 miles and came right out. I was amazed.

Is average load maybe force required to "break loose" some test unit when treated with each? Not sure if it's a reduction in force or a flat amount of force required.

Penetrating oil . Average load .. Price per fluid ounce

None ................. 516 pounds .

WD-40 .............. 238 pounds .. $0.25

PB Blaster ......... 214 pounds .. $0.35

Liquid Wrench ... 127 pounds .. $0.21

Kano Kroil ........ 106 pounds .. $0.75

ATF-Acetone mix 50/50mix.. 53 pounds .. $0.10

found this one of the Jeep forums I am a member of and that it was interesting so figured I would share.

Good info to have. I've never really like WD-40 except to remove glue :D I've always used liquid wrench. Will have to try the ATF-Acetone mix though. Sounds good.

The ATF-Acetone mix is supposed to be amazing. It is part of a chemical reaction between the two ingredients, so you have to mix it right before you apply it. I guess it bubbles and all kinds of stuff.

Hooray science!

pb blaster here too. That average load is kinda throwing me too. Let's say that's the amount of force required to loosen the bolt that was previously at 516. Is that telling us the lubrication factor of the fluid or is that telling us the penetrating factor? Know what I'm saying? Using that list it would look like liquid wrench is better than pb blaster but I've never had liquid wrench get into a rusted bolt near as fast or as well as pb blaster does.