I need honest answers on nittos

Sam1647545489

They worked wonders on any car that I have had, however, the highest hp car was only making 347 whp. I ran the nitto 555 r. With that car I was able to 20 roll all night long with no traction problems at all. I am going to assume when you say high hp you mean well more than that so a more sticky selection of nitto would be a must for you.

Still better than 555's

I am trying to get alil more gear out of my rear end as its the highest gear for the car that I know of. 2.92 gear is in it now and it tops out at about 145mph so if I could get the 26" tire to fit I might be able to squeeze a few more mph out of it and get it to the 150 mark.

in case you're considering these, that isn't a correct picture. the 255-50-16's come in a traditional bfg tread not the new tread... not brian, and wagner both have them no the backs of their cars.

Whitlows 03 was making just over 500rw and hooked on the streets. Barely spin for a moment launching from a light but 20+ roll it would just stick. I think he had a little wider though than what you would be able to run. I heard a few people talking about that new dr as well and heard some good reviews. There was a thread I believe on Svtperformance about them recently

That is a 26.1" tire if I remember correctly.

Every tire is a little different.

It might be a little of a guessing game, or digging pretty deep. But I bet some of those tires that are 26.1" by the sidewall numbers will fit under the car (if you are saying a 26" tire will fit). Unless that is even at 26" by the sidewall numbers some fit and some don't. Look at the revs/mi number (tire rack has these), it will give a you a better idea comparatively how tall a tire actually is. Get the # for a tire that you know fits, then look at others you are interested in, even if it says 26.1" by the sidewall #. A tire like the 555 won't stretch as much at speeds a a DR will either.

What is causing the rubbing issues? Can you roll the fenders or have you already done that or don't want to?