BP CEO Taking shit?

TTQ B4U

The first thing you said doesn't make any sense and I think it's because of a typo. I think you meant to say he doesn't deserve the backlash because BP has said he isn't in charge of cleanup anymore. I respectfully disagree with that opinion, but not really as much as what you might think I do. I just think it was a judgment error on his part to go yachting right now. He should have picked something else to do.
Yeah that was a typo after I edited it

The second thing you said doesn't make sense to me either, but I can't blame that on a typo. I think it's because you just completely missed the sarcasm in my post. Here's the point: dads aren't obligated to do extravagant things with their kids on Father's Day.
And you missed my point. I know they aren't obligated to do anything, but to someone that family is very important, that could have been the top thing on his mind, and there is nothing wrong with that, especially after the BP board took the cleanup duties away from him. Here, let's repeat that.... after the BP board took the cleanup duties away from him

As for your third point, I'm glad you can appreciate my level of ultra-awesome brain powah. Still, though, I think you did actually bring up Obama, not me. Did you not re-read your post? I even quoted it - you started talking about how Obama golfs more than Bush and a bunch of other stuff, and the inference was fairly clear to me. Am I taking crazy pills here?
you absolutely twisted my words and put words in my mouth. I never ever blamed obama for anything, nor was i talking shit, all I did was apply YOUR line of thinking to Obama and the war in the middle east. See how that works? I could have applied it to anyone, but I thought that was an easy one, surprising that it went over your head.

You didn't make a thread about The PODUS, you made a thread about the CEO of BP. Make another thread and I might comment in it about how much of a douche Obama has seemed in someway or another. Obama's lack of judgment is no excuse for the CEO's.

So because this is a thread about Hayward we aren't allowed using other examples to point out people's hypocrisy?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people would simply educate themselves how this happened they would realize BP had very little to do with it. It is just easier to blame the big name oil.

Go read up on how oil rig contracting operations work and see how little the company BP had to do with this spill.

You're right, LJ, your reasoning is way over my head. I'll leave well enough alone here and return to munching on crazy pills.

it obviously was as you responding with some off the wall straw man that i never implied. If you cannot look at comparisons with an open mind, then i really don't care to discuss the issue with you as you seem to hold a grudge and won't look at both sides of an issue. I don't like discussing with closed minded people.

Have a good one!

People can make whatever excuse they want for the dude. Regardless if he was directly responsible or not. He is paid to run the company. The company knew that speeding the drilling up because they were 5 weeks behind was very dangerous. They were warned and advised about this from the engineers on the rig and BP forced the workers to speed it up anyways regardless of the danger, for the sole reason of money. They totally fucked up something that belongs to us and created the worst natural disaster ever. In my book that falls on the company and whomever is calling the shots and handing out orders. They dont deserve any free time until this is resolved. Look at all the lives they have ruined over fucking money and that mother fucker is out boating regardless of what day it is or who it is with. While our own people, here in our country are suffering and losing their livelyhood and probably way more.

People can make whatever excuse they want for the dude. Regardless if he was directly responsible or not. He is paid to run the company. The company knew that speeding the drilling up because they were 5 weeks behind was very dangerous. They were warned and advised about this from the engineers on the rig and BP forced the workers to speed it up anyways regardless of the danger, for the sole reason of money. They totally fucked up something that belongs to us and created the worst natural disaster ever. In my book that falls on the company and whomever is calling the shots and handing out orders. They dont deserve any free time until this is resolved. Look at all the lives they have ruined over fucking money and that mother fucker is out boating regardless of what day it is or who it is with. While our own people, here in our country are suffering and losing their livelyhood and probably way more.

have you read where this is not his problem to solve???? He is not in charge of it so who cars he could spend all day everyday not helping at all because he could say its not my direct fault and they took him off the clean up project. If I was him I would do whatever I want in my free time because no one has the right to tell him how to do his job. He obviously makes good decisions or he would not have the job in the first place... How many lives does are government effect everyday? do you see them working 24-7 to solve our war problems or national debt or poverty??? No they work to resolve it and have time off like everyone else. If I was in his position and someone told me I could have no free time until the crisis is resolved I would tell them to go fly a kite....

You also realize that he did this after BP reduced his personal role in the cleanup right?

would you have skipped father's day after not seeing your children, who are on a different continent for a month?

have you read where this is not his problem to solve???? He is not in charge of it so who cars he could spend all day everyday not helping at all because he could say its not my direct fault and they took him off the clean up project. If I was him I would do whatever I want in my free time because no one has the right to tell him how to do his job. He obviously makes good decisions or he would not have the job in the first place... How many lives does are government effect everyday? do you see them working 24-7 to solve our war problems or national debt or poverty??? No they work to resolve it and have time off like everyone else. If I was in his position and someone told me I could have no free time until the crisis is resolved I would tell them to go fly a kite....

My point is this was totally avoidable and the only reason this happened was because of greed. This guy runs the company. His company is in the middle of a huge crisis. This means that it is on him period. When something big with a company happens then it ultimately falls on the CEO. This is the way the world works and I am not sure why they are any different.

My point is this was totally avoidable and the only reason this happened was because of greed. This guy runs the company. His company is in the middle of a huge crisis. This means that it is on him period. When something big with a company happens then it ultimately falls on the CEO. This is the way the world works and I am not sure why they are any different.

the country is in the middle of a huge crisis and Obama takes vacations... so did Bush.

Do you feel the same way about them?

All of the above completely applies to a number our own problems born and raised right here in the good old US of A.

• Our own gov't is fucking greedy. It's all about money folks. Nothing new or groundbreaking there. Health care is a huge money maker just like oil.
  • Our leaders who run the company are way above their own heads in a crises or three too. I don't need to name them and they are just as bad as oil in the ocean if not worse as they affect even more than those being affected in the gulf.
  • Those issues are on them and directly on our CEO...the President. The same President that is vacations all over the world...as they all have done.

So in fact the CEO is NO DIFFERENT than our leaders. In fact he's likely more responsible as he and his team actually are fucking doing something.

If you're going to argue about this oil spill, here's a few things to consider:

1. It has been DOCUMENTED by BP (and Halliburton) employees, mainly the workers on the rig, that they new that the rig was going to fail. It almost seems that certain people in BP's upper echelon wanted this thing to collapse.

2. The coast guard is not allowing the states to do any type of cleanup effort to prohibit the oil contaminating their coastlines and freshwater bodies. They are also suppressing local media coverage of the "cleanup effort" going on in the gulf. BP will also terminate any contract with fishing vessels if their personnel are wearing proper PPE needed for the cleanup, ie. respirators, gloves, suits.

3. Weeks before the oil spill, Goldman Sachs sold 44% of its BP stock.

4. Weeks before the oil spill, Halliburton bough a company by the name of Boots & Coots, which specializes in prevention and risk-control services for oil and gas-well fires and blowouts, knowing that BP would contract them for the cleanup.

5. The queen of England owns the biggest majority of BP stock.

The most important:

After Obama's address, his administration revived in the house and senate certain legistlation that is meant to enslave and control people: THE CARBON TAX. If any of this Carbon Tax legislation gets approved, it will give the global elite control of the one element that all other life is based on: Carbon. This failed when all the Climategate articles surfaced that scientists were falsifying documents to prove global warming was true, now all of a sudden it's back on the table.

Isn't it always funny how there's always some tragic explosion before legislation is on the table to take away our freedoms? Kind of deja vu when you think about a big explosion in 2001 that expedited the passing of the Patriot Act and the invasion of two countries.

Think about it, do some research, and stop believing the bullshit you see on the mainstream media.

I didnt read every ones responses but from what I gathered....

If you were in the situation you would want a break too, and you would take it. I have nowhere near the stress level in a week that im sure he goes through on a regular basis. But when my stress level gets too high, I have to walk away, and come back later. And being an avid boater, thats where you'll find me.

I didnt read every ones responses but from what I gathered....

If you were in the situation you would want a break too, and you would take it. I have nowhere near the stress level in a week that im sure he goes through on a regular basis. But when my stress level gets too high, I have to walk away, and come back later. And being an avid boater, thats where you'll find me.

I honestly have to say that I would not take a break. As the CEO of a company that caused this problem , I would feel guilty and buckle down.

I honestly have to say that I would not take a break. As the CEO of a company that caused this problem , I would feel guilty and buckle down.

I call bs anyone working 70+ hours a week for months would take a break

I see your point, but you are not understanding what the role of a CEO in a public corporation is. It's different than in a sole proprietorship, partnership, etc., or standard business.

CEO's of large corporations like BP are in charge of strategic planning and setting of policies as set by the board of directors to whom they report. In this case, his board has given him direct orders to step aside.

CEO's have directors, managers and other executives that lead teams who ultimately carry out the responsibilities of the organization in terms of overseeing operations. Tony's role is not to oversee operations...he has people for that.

He's not in a position to be hands-on. Thus why he's taking the role as he is and why he's not first-hand knowledgeable of what went on at the disaster site. He has people for that and there are levels of accountability. He may be ultimately accountable, but not for being hands-on in doing the work.

I call bs anyone working 70+ hours a week for months would take a break

I see your point, but you are not understanding what the role of a CEO in a public corporation is. It's different than in a sole proprietorship, partnership, etc., or standard business.

CEO's of large corporations like BP are in charge of strategic planning and setting of policies as set by the board of directors to whom they report. In this case, his board has given him direct orders to step aside.

CEO's have directors, managers and other executives that lead teams who ultimately carry out the responsibilities of the organization in terms of overseeing operations. Tony's role is not to oversee operations...he has people for that.

He's not in a position to be hands-on. Thus why he's taking the role as he is and why he's not first-hand knowledgeable of what went on at the disaster site. He has people for that and there are levels of accountability. He may be ultimately accountable, but not for being hands-on in doing the work.

I completely understand large corporations. I have worked for several extremely large corporations and deal with business every day. I currently work for a Berkshire Hataway company and our CEO is the CEO of MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co as well. Our CEO is slated to take over for Warren Buffett so I am very familiar with big business.

I'm not saying he should be out there with a shovel but he should not be out sailing in the midst of all of this. He should be there directing his VP's and directors and be involved every step of the way. Taking a vacation in the midst of a crisis or taking time off is not acceptable. At the very least, it reflects poorly on the company. I can tell you when we have a disaster here that our CEO and the CEO of every large corp I have worked at would be involved non stop until the issue was resolved. I have been a major event coordinator and a manager over an Incident Management department and when something major happened our CEO's were involved every step of the way.

The only reason his board asked him to step aside is because he is making the company look bad due to his comments and the way he has been handling things. There are already articles all over the place about him being replaced. I guarantee you that as soon as they get a better handle on this that he will be gone. Changing leadership in the midst of a crisis is something most companies try to avoid.

I completely understand large corporations. I have worked for several extremely large corporations and deal with business every day. I currently work for a Berkshire Hataway company and our CEO is the CEO of MidAmerican Energy Holdings Co as well. Our CEO is slated to take over for Warren Buffett so I am very familiar with big business.

I'm not saying he should be out there with a shovel but he should not be out sailing in the midst of all of this. He should be there directing his VP's and directors and be involved every step of the way. Taking a vacation in the midst of a crisis or taking time off is not acceptable. At the very least, it reflects poorly on the company. I can tell you when we have a disaster here that our CEO and the CEO of every large corp I have worked at would be involved non stop until the issue was resolved. I have been a major event coordinator and a manager over an Incident Management department and when something major happened our CEO's were involved every step of the way.

The only reason his board asked him to step aside is because he is making the company look bad due to his comments and the way he has been handling things. There are already articles all over the place about him being replaced. I guarantee you that as soon as they get a better handle on this that he will be gone. Changing leadership in the midst of a crisis is something most companies try to avoid.

Dude, he took father's day weekend, not a vacation. FUCK anyone who would tell him he can't. Like I said earlier, he could just come right out and tell everyone to fuck off and die. It's not like he doesn't know he's likely going to be replaced anyway. However, he didn't. He took a weekend instead.

What he does on that weekend is none of our business. Doesn't matter if he stayed at home eating pizza and watching a movie or racing boats. What he did doesn't matter and it's not our business. The impact of what he was doing during the weekend is no different. It may appear different or as some would say, in poor taste, but then the world is too butt-hurt anyway, so to the haters, I say grow a pair and quit sweating the small stuff. Again, I don't see Obama or the Bush or Clinton families down there doing shit, offering management help or like. However, you bet your ass they would "consult" for a fee.

Funny how all the people bitching about financial woes, especially those down in the gulf, bitch more than they act. How about instead of pointing fingers and blaming BP and others responsible (which is an effort in redundant wasted time...you can stop pointing to them....we know already) and crying fowl, they actually show some real common sense and make plans to move their families, businesses and get on with life, while at the same time, dealing with the situation at hand. Why is it always a woes-me world, please throw me what you owe me but until then I can't except bitch and blame and worry about who's taking a father's day weekend to chill with family. Like that's even the tip of the iceberg of their issues.

I stand by my understanding of the CEO's role too. We can agree to disagree on that. Gregory Able hasn't seen a disaster anywhere near the likes of a situation like this nor do I think he would be taking the heat that comes with it like you think. This is fucking huge and the executives at BP who the CEO trusted to do their job fucked up on his watch.

How about everyone bitching about the CEO's father's day weekend, pull their heads out of their own asses, point their fingers at themselves and ask themselves if they are even remotely familiar with Archie's posts and facts. Most are not. Again, they are too busy worried about who's taking a 20 minute smoke break or a spending a weekend with their family. Tony has become the ultimate scape-goat of blame while the true underlying facts remain covered up. Follow the money....and it doesn't all point back to the CEO.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Dude, he took father's day weekend, not a vacation. FUCK anyone who would tell him he can't. Like I said earlier, he could just come right out and tell everyone to fuck off and die. It's not like he doesn't know he's likely going to be replaced anyway. However, he didn't. He took a weekend instead.

What he does on that weekend is none of our business. Doesn't matter if he stayed at home eating pizza and watching a movie or racing boats. What he did doesn't matter and it's not our business. The impact of what he was doing during the weekend is no different. It may appear different or as some would say, in poor taste, but then the world is too butt-hurt anyway, so to the haters, I say grow a pair and quit sweating the small stuff. Again, I don't see Obama or the Bush or Clinton families down there doing shit, offering management help or like. However, you bet your ass they would "consult" for a fee.

Funny how all the people bitching about financial woes, especially those down in the gulf, bitch more than they act. How about instead of pointing fingers and blaming BP and others responsible (which is an effort in redundant wasted time...you can stop pointing to them....we know already) and crying fowl, they actually show some real common sense and make plans to move their families, businesses and get on with life, while at the same time, dealing with the situation at hand. Why is it always a woes-me world, please throw me what you owe me but until then I can't except bitch and blame and worry about who's taking a father's day weekend to chill with family. Like that's even the tip of the iceberg of their issues.

I stand by my understanding of the CEO's role too. We can agree to disagree on that. Gregory Able hasn't seen a disaster anywhere near the likes of a situation like this nor do I think he would be taking the heat that comes with it like you think. This is fucking huge and the executives at BP who the CEO trusted to do their job fucked up on his watch.

How about everyone bitching about the CEO's father's day weekend, pull their heads out of their own asses, point their fingers at themselves and ask themselves if they are even remotely familiar with Archie's posts and facts. Most are not. Again, they are too busy worried about who's taking a 20 minute smoke break or a spending a weekend with their family. Tony has become the ultimate scape-goat of blame while the true underlying facts remain covered up. Follow the money....and it doesn't all point back to the CEO.

I am the father of soon to be 5 so I understand the importance of the day. However if I were the head of a large corp that was responsible for the worst natural disaster ever, and was in the middle of trying to contain and clean up this mess and attempt to prevent more harm in the meantime then I would have had to make it next year.

I am the father of soon to be 5 so I understand the importance of the day. However if I were the head of a large corp that was responsible for the worst natural disaster ever, and was in the middle of trying to contain and clean up this mess and attempt to prevent more harm in the meantime then I would have had to make it next year.

He wasn't in charge of the cleanup anymore.

However if I were the head of a large corp that was responsible for the worst natural disaster ever, and was in the middle of trying to contain and clean up this mess and attempt to prevent more harm in the meantime then I would have had to make it next year.

Then perhaps you should call Obama and his team as IMO, at this point, our own fucking country needs to step in and make shit happen. Instead, everyone is pointing back to a large corporation that they feel should be doing something better. Even if that's the case, I think fixing the situation is a little better idea than just pointing fingers and bitching about a guy taking fathers day off.

Dude's a CEO not a worker bee and is not the one in charge of this cleanup as so directed by his superiors. He doesn't need to work 24x7 over this matter, regardless of the impact. If he does then he has the wrong people under him overseeing the cleanup.

There are a shit-ton of other American business men who profited heaviliy off this matter. IMO, America should be better.

Then perhaps you should call Obama and his team as IMO, at this point, our own fucking country needs to step in and make shit happen. Instead, everyone is pointing back to a large corporation that they feel should be doing something better. Even if that's the case, I think fixing the situation is a little better idea than just pointing fingers and bitching about a guy taking fathers day off.

Dude's a CEO not a worker bee and is not the one in charge of this cleanup as so directed by his superiors. He doesn't need to work 24x7 over this matter, regardless of the impact. If he does then he has the wrong people under him overseeing the cleanup.

There are a shit-ton of other American business men who profited heaviliy off this matter. IMO, America should be better.

I will agree with you 100% that the government should be playing a much bigger role in this. And I agree that unfortuantely a shit ton of people have profited off of this.