its here......

BIGGU

I heard that the iphone is going to release an iphone 4.1 that comes with a real apple that you can actually eat!!! Then they are going to add more memory and call it iPhone 5... from there they are going to make it on CDMA and call it iphone 7. This way they can still release the same damn phone on ATT 1 more time with a different number at the end of it (for the ATT lovers or dumb asses in contract) before they pack up and move out.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the iphone is going to release an iphone 4.1 that comes with a real apple that you can actually eat!!!

:lol:

Sucks about the screen discoloration, probably just a rare occurrence. But the signal getting weaker is pretty common in a lot of phones. If I wrap my hand around the entire bottom of my phone I lose one bar, but it's far from a regular holding position.

If I wrap my hand around the entire bottom of my phone I lose one bar, but it's far from a regular holding position.

..........there's a good comeback on this one, but I'm tired...........reserving my spot :bangbang:

and Patrick, you and your damn toys....:asshole:

yep, 5 bars of coverage still, held it for over a minute multiple different times like that and still no bars dropping.

Lucky you

"iPhone 4 In-Hand Signal Issue Isolated to Bottom Left Corner"

About screen resolution:

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/22/samsung-galaxy-s-super-amoled-screen-has-180-degree-viewing-angle/

Initially, it was rumored that the new iPhone would actually ship with a Super AMOLED display, but if that was ever true it was probably canned on the fact that Samsung is having trouble keeping up with the demand for standard AMOLED screens, so Super AMOLED screens would probably be even less readily available. So it’s easy to see why Apple chose the kind of screen they did, whether they had plans to use Samsung’s screens or otherwise. Something the iPhone 4′s Retina Display has on the Galaxy S is that the resolution is much higher, which should increase the clarity, and the pixel density on the Retina Display is claimed to surpass the human eye’s ability to resolve individual pixels – just amazing.

Samsung decided to share their thoughts on the iPhone’s Retina Display, saying, “Quadrupling the resolution on the screen would only increase the clarity at most only three to five percent,” and that the Retina Display is too power-hungry, which drains the battery up to 30% faster than you’d find on their Super AMOLED screens.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/24/iphone-4-screen-blotching-resolves-itself-as-bonding-agent-dries/

Apparently the bonding agent for the glass hasn't dried fully and the yellow display issue will go away in a day or two if you see it on your new phone. Apparently they are being shipped really fast, fast enough that glue has not dried. :)

About screen resolution:

Samsung decided to share their thoughts on the iPhone’s Retina Display, saying, “Quadrupling the resolution on the screen would only increase the clarity at most only three to five percent,” and that the Retina Display is too power-hungry, which drains the battery up to 30% faster than you’d find on their Super AMOLED screens.

Sorry Samsung, but you're wrong. The noticeable resolution difference is huge. The average person doesn't have perfect vision and thus their angular resolution is a bit different. Perfect vision it's .6 arc minute but the average is 1 arc min.

The average person doesn't hold the phone at 12" from their face, but 20/20 for reading is done at 16". Given most people over age 40 become myopic, they will hold the phone even farther away which means a higher resolution will yield more detail to the viewer and thus the ability to read small print easier.

So in the end, holding an iPhone at 16-18" away for the average person of 20/20 or 20/15 vision, with or without reading glasses the image difference will be very noticeable. The new screen will also allow for the smaller text of the folders and everything to cause much less stress on the reader too.

Any questions, they can stop by the lab I work at and see how glasses are made and measured.

About screen resolution:

Sorry Samsung, but you're wrong. The noticeable resolution difference is huge. The average person doesn't have perfect vision and thus their angular resolution is a bit different. Perfect vision it's .6 arc minute but the average is 1 arc min.

The average person doesn't hold the phone at 12" from their face, but 20/20 for reading is done at 16". Given most people over age 40 become myopic, they will hold the phone even farther away which means a higher resolution will yield more detail to the viewer and thus the ability to read small print easier.

So in the end, holding an iPhone at 16-18" away for the average person of 20/20 or 20/15 vision, with or without reading glasses the image difference will be very noticeable. The new screen will also allow for the smaller text of the folders and everything to cause much less stress on the reader too.

Any questions, they can stop by the lab I work at and see how glasses are made and measured.

smart ass.

Sounds like the very first shipment of iPhone 4's are the only ones having the reception problem. Apple reps have been over-nighting replacement phones to those effected, saying there was a batch that didn't get a protective coating on the metal strip/antennae. Sounds promising. And I'm really glad now that I didn't get one of the first ones. LOL. Guess we'll see how widespread this problem actually is in the next few days.