its here......

BIGGU

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who wants to admit the experience feels the same besides faster? I just played with it in the Apple store and granted it's faster and smaller, it's the same old look of the screens, icons, placement of things, everything.

I like the sleek small phone, the camera was nice, it was snappier...I held 3GS in other hand and was opening the same apps on both to see the diff....BUT Apple needs to do something with this boring ass OS look and feel. Just boring.

So who wants to admit the experience feels the same besides faster? I just played with it in the Apple store and granted it's faster and smaller, it's the same old look of the screens, icons, placement of things, everything.

I like the sleek small phone, the camera was nice, it was snappier...I held 3GS in other hand and was opening the same apps on both to see the diff....BUT Apple needs to do something with this boring ass OS look and feel. Just boring.

it is pretty much the same. Nice thing about the new OS is my 3Gs is snappier overall with it. I still think the IP4 tests faster, but visibly? it would be tough for me to justify the upgrade for the slight difference.

Nice email from Steve Jobs on the signal

Question - What's going to be done about the signal dropping issue. Is it software or hardware?

To which, Jobs replied with a typically short response:

Non issue. Just avoid holding it in that way. - LMAO AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!

In a followup email, Jobs then expanded with this explanation:

Gripping any phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.

Nice email from Steve Jobs on the signal

Question - What's going to be done about the signal dropping issue. Is it software or hardware?

In a followup email, Jobs then expanded with this explanation:

Gripping any phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.

I've been following that thread.....I still call BS.

How is this phone a small upgrade?

Better screen

HD video

Better camera

Camera flash

Front camera

Gyroscope

Noise cancel mic

Faster processor and more efficient

2x ram 512mb

iMovie (only runs on Ip4)

Larger battery

All in a smaller Phone. :confused:

How is this phone a small upgrade? :confused:

Better screen - Nice, but honestly, my 3Gs isn't a problem for me.

HD video - Meh....still won't replace my real vid camera or HD P&S Camera

Better camera - Meh....MP's don't = quality. Still cell grade IMO

Camera flash - Meh...cell camera. Aftermarket ones can be had.

Front camera - VGA quality...again, not a use for me.

Gyroscope - I don't do much gaming on my phone.

Noise cancel mic - SYNC or earpiece. I can't stand to hold a phone anymore. Bluetooth is so popular too.

Faster processor and more efficient - Did a side by side and it wasn't huge

2x ram 512mb - Haven't maxed mine out yet.

iMovie (only runs on Ip4) - Meh...can't say I'd use it.

Larger battery - I use a Mophie Air. 5am to midnight worth of use and zero issues.

All in a smaller Phone - I actually don't want smaller. I can't handhold and use the damn thing as it is. I like the Mophie for that reason.

Don't get me wrong, I love it and see the direction they are taking it. Good evolution. I'll upgrade when my contract is up and I qualify for the discount, but not any earlier. Maybe not then either unless its compelling.

Putty Is right I have the evo and the iphone 4 now and I can tell you this (boring ass OS look and feel) is right I like a small phone but the more i play with evo I LOVE the OS not knocking apple but it sucks to get a new phone and the os look the same !!!Change the Icons something to make me feel like Im getting a new phone..... But I must say this I get 5 bars in my house with the IP4 and 2 with the IP3s also Internet is F-ing fast now :}

Apple's new slogan. "Hold Different"

"Apple employees will tell you it's much better for your iPhone to lose bars than for you to lose your iPhone in bars."

Well, coming from a iPhone 3G, I see a huge difference. Safari would take forever to render CR, so I had to use Opera Mini. Now I'm back on Safari.

Really curious to do a speed comparison with my Incredible and an Iphone 4 comparing various load times for pages. Android 2.1 vs. OS4 or whatever it is.

Can't wait for 2.2 to be released for it.

How is this phone a small upgrade?

Better screen

HD video

Better camera

Camera flash

Front camera

Gyroscope

Noise cancel mic

Faster processor and more efficient

2x ram 512mb

iMovie (only runs on Ip4)

Larger battery

All in a smaller Phone. :confused:

I'm with you, Ben.. Some people just aren't as keen as others.

Really curious to do a speed comparison with my Incredible and an Iphone 4 comparing various load times for pages. Android 2.1 vs. OS4 or whatever it is.

Can't wait for 2.2 to be released for it.

Nexus got the 2.2 update, and you can see the comparison between it and the iphone 4 online. Nexus loads a page so much faster, on top of that, it also loads the flash content.

I'm with you, Ben.. Some people just aren't as keen as others.

See my reply. Being cutting edge is of no value unless there's real value to the features. Right now, IMO, the improvements aren't worth the upgrade to me. Most are understandably incremental upgrades, but don't give me any productivity boosts. I'm running iOS4 on my 3Gs and it's not only faster than it was it offers a number of the same productivity gains. I ran it against a IP4 the other day and the difference in speed between the two was so very marginal. No where near the differences of a 3G vs 3Gs.

Better screen - Nice, but honestly, my 3Gs isn't a problem for me.

HD video - Meh....still won't replace my real vid camera or HD P&S Camera

Better camera - Meh....MP's don't = quality. Still cell grade IMO

Camera flash - Meh...cell camera. Aftermarket ones can be had.

Front camera - VGA quality...again, not a use for me.

Gyroscope - I don't do much gaming on my phone.

Noise cancel mic - SYNC or earpiece. I can't stand to hold a phone anymore. Bluetooth is so popular too.

Faster processor and more efficient - Did a side by side and it wasn't huge

2x ram 512mb - Haven't maxed mine out yet.

iMovie (only runs on Ip4) - Meh...can't say I'd use it.

Larger battery - I use a Mophie Air. 5am to midnight worth of use and zero issues.

All in a smaller Phone - I actually don't want smaller. I can't handhold and use the damn thing as it is. I like the Mophie for that reason.

Don't get me wrong, I love it and see the direction they are taking it. Good evolution. I'll upgrade when my contract is up and I qualify for the discount, but not any earlier. Maybe not then either unless its compelling.

I guess when you are 10 steps back, coming current "seems" huge.

:bangbang:

That's like raging on about how awesome your new Hyundai with power windows and airbags is. We'd poke fun of you until we learned you came from a 3 cylinder Geo Metro with Itunes in the ECU.