Firearms, Domestic Violence and the Law question

Mark1647545493

Long story short a good friend's Nephew got busted for Domestic Violence and when he got arrested the cops took all of his guns from his house. My questions is did he forfeit the guns when he got arrested or Is there any chance of him or his family recovering the guns from the Police? He had a lot of nice old late 1800's early 1900's Winchester rifles that are worth a good bit of $$$ that got confiscated and the family would like to recover them ASAP to sell and help pay for his legal fees.

His family can recover them if I am not mistaken, I know under his pending case for D/V he is not permitted to obtain any form of firearm. Best bet call your attorney or the public defendant and explain the situation and he can go and receive the items.

Guest tbutera2112
1. Don't beat your s/o

2. ???

3. Profit

not always that simple....some bitches are crazy

friend of mine was arguing with his wife and he was smoking at the same time and the cherry fell off his cig and hit her forearm and she called the police and said he burned her and he got arrested

His family can recover them if I am not mistaken, I know under his pending case for D/V he is not permitted to obtain any form of firearm. Best bet call your attorney or the public defendant and explain the situation and he can go and receive the items.

thanks for the reply....

I told my buddy that his nephews Attorney could probably do some paperwork and get them back for him.. I hope so, there`s a couple rifles in his collection that I would love to add to my collection and help Nick out at the same time!;)

friend of mine was arguing with his wife and he was smoking at the same time and the cherry fell off his cig and hit her forearm and she called the police and said he burned her and he got arrested

IIRC in Ohio if there is a call for D/V the police will remove make a arrest regardless to defuse the situation.

Were they all laying out in the open????????

Out of all the DV arrest Ive had Ive never taken firearms from a home???

Had a pistol and a shotgun 'kinda' out and loaded but that's his 'home protection'. Everything else was in a locked gun cabinet. with the ammo locked up too. They left the ammo and took every single gun he had in the house. He did not argue with the officers and when asked if there are any guns in the house he told them where everything was at and where the key was hidden.

I agree......

My best friend for 20 some odd years got hooked up with one of the worlds ultimate psychotic bitch's. I mean psycho. I had never met anyone that I truly felt that should be put in a padded room and forgotten about forever until her. Well he broke it off with her and she promptly called the police and said he chocked her and they came and arrested him and left him sit in jail for 3 days before his court date. The officers didn't give a flying fuck about his side of the story, they just put him in jail. Shitty part is 2 days after he got out the bitch called the cops and said he cam over and hit her in the face and had him arrested AGAIN for doing nothing more than breaking up with her. This time he was at work when the 'punch' took place so he got off on that one but it cost him almost $10K in legal fees to get out of the first one.

Psycho bitches suck!

I agree......

My best friend for 20 some odd years got hooked up with one of the worlds ultimate psychotic bitch's. I mean psycho. I had never met anyone that I truly felt that should be put in a padded room and forgotten about forever until her. Well he broke it off with her and she promptly called the police and said he chocked her and they came and arrested him and left him sit in jail for 3 days before his court date. The officers didn't give a flying fuck about his side of the story, they just put him in jail. Shitty part is 2 days after he got out the bitch called the cops and said he cam over and hit her in the face and had him arrested AGAIN for doing nothing more than breaking up with her. This time he was at work when the 'punch' took place so he got off on that one but it cost him almost $10K in legal fees to get out of the first one.

Psycho bitches suck!

Did she have marks on her neck? usually (from my limitied knowledge of domestic violence) they wont arrest unless there is some evidence of physical abuse. Therefore all he would have to do is deny it happened, which im sure he did, and then it would just be a he said she said.

Yeah, I can give 1 anecdotal story too of the exact opposite of what you guys have seen. Guy clearly beating his girlfriend and the cops did almost nothing. We had to call them twice. The first time the girls in the house had locked the door and he climbed the tree in the front yard, got on the roof and tried to get inside on the second story. Then he left on his bike. The second time he wrecked his bike in the front yard drunk as fuck, the chain broke so he took it off, wrapped it around his hand and went in the house. At this point me and a few friends went over there to diffuse and called the cops again. The girlfriend and the drunk guys sister who was there (and supposedly friends with the girlfriend) wouldn't say anything to the cops. After they left she yelled at us across the street to stop calling the cops. Fine, let him kill her and maybe you next time. He was clearly a violent person, we called them twice and were willing to give statements (which they weren't very interested in) and they didn't even take the guy to the drunk tank to sober him up. Just let him walk away.

I'm not trying to discount anyone's story. I'm simply saying that both sides happen and there should be mechanisms in the system to account for all scenarios so some asshole doesn't roam free or an innocent has to go to jail. But most of the time when a d/v gets called in it's because some piece of shit scum bag beat his s/o.

Did she have marks on her neck? usually (from my limitied knowledge of domestic violence) they wont arrest unless there is some evidence of physical abuse. Therefore all he would have to do is deny it happened, which im sure he did, and then it would just be a he said she said.

Yes she did, but they were put there by her best friend that was helping her. She friend punched her in the eye to get him locked back up the second time.

In the end (1.5yrs later) it all came out. Her friend had turned against her and testified that she was asked by the Psycho to strangle and punch her JUST to put my friend in Jail twice. The shittiest part of the entire ordeal was the psycho bitch didn't get into ANY trouble at all for everything she did. They made her go to a psychiatric evaluation and that's it.

It was a huge mess for him.