I'm getting sued!!!

f4isvt

I am so stoked. As some of you know I was involved in a pretty horific car accident just about a year ago (March 4th 2008). I was cited for the accident despite no one knowing what happened even witness directly behind me and the other driver. For those that dont know heres what I have been told happend. I ended up on the wrong side of the road some how and got t-boned and what she says was 35mph. I was unconcious (sp?) and literally fighting for my life. The responding paramedics called care flight upon arriving at the wreck before they even got out of thier truck. They opened my door and I fell out on the road. She was apperently fine coherent im sure in some shock but no major damage to herself. They took her and me to the same hospital turns out she was 2 months pregnant and wanted to do some precautionary checks on her. Turns out she was fine baby was fine all she had to complain of was her new victoria secrets panties were ruined. While I lay internally bleeding unknown to my doctors dying on my bed. So know that it is almost a year to the day since the wreck she has decided to sue me for 100,000 dollars for tissue damage. I am no doctor by any stretch but I dont even know what tissue damage consists off and definitly seems like you would not wait a year to sue me. And ironically sueing me for the exact amount my insurance company will pay out.

thats what I said. I think she is bitter that I was 23 at the time driving a hot rod mustang and she had some desk job and drove a shit older dakota

sure she wasn't driving a hummer, or a semi?

I had just gone through an intersection and spun out apperantly onto the wrong side of the road and then got tboned. The cop tried to tell me I did not know the road and I told him my mom lived off that road since 92 I had never been on it before.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=%222666+W+Lake+Hamilton+Dr,+Winter+Haven,+FL%22&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=g8mgSZ-3PNe4tweSvKD-DA&ll=28.070958,-81.665304&spn=0.009107,0.013819&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr scene of accident roughly right there. I was traveling up national crossing colonel glenn highway. She was coming off of 675 south and headed towards colonel glenn.

so like hydro-plane? or just to much throttle

maybe hydro plane but I was told I was stopped at the light and then left when it turned green so I did not have any speed. Probably was not to much throttle I babied the hell out of that thing and really hated to be driving it in the rain but I had not fixed my daily truck and had no choice.

Sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. The law will decide who's at fault.

I got cited for failure to control. Which I did not contest I was pissed but I was on the wrong side of the road by whatever means put me there I was in the wrong. so she will probably get her money. And as a double whammy got a whole 10,500 out of that car after deductible. Had 1,000 dollars worth of new tires, all stock 99 with 42,000 miles.

I got cited for failure to control. Which I did not contest I was pissed but I was on the wrong side of the road by whatever means put me there I was in the wrong. so she will probably get her money. And as a double whammy got a whole 10,500 out of that car after deductible. Had 1,000 dollars worth of new tires, all stock 99 with 42,000 miles.

I'm not trying to be a dick....but something's not adding up. If you were on the wrong side of the road, you had to be doing something. Not paying attention, going too fast, or you spun out...due to too much throttle.

It's horrible that this has happened to you, but just be lucky your alive man. It could have been alot worse, especially looking at the car.

Your car comments got to me. There are TONS of people your age, and younger who own gt mustangs. I've had one (02) and quite a few other nice cars. Gt mustang's are a dime a dozen, Your lucky you got more than 5-7k after the deductible. I wouldn't pay more than 5k for a 99 gt stang. Maybe 6k because of the low miles, but that's about it. Besides....camaro's do it better anyway.

I've never been sued, but i'm sure there's gotta be something you can do. Fight it until you can't anymore. She's just obviously looking for a pay-day.

Good luck man.

Is she filing suit against you, or your insurance company, or both?

I assume you have insurance..so this won't come out of your pocket. I had to sue the teenager that hit me from behind...she had Safe Auto though..and they only carry the minimum coverage..so I only got like $8K for my pain and trouble.

I know it's hard..but consider yourself lucky. It does seem from what I'm reading..that you were at fault..AND you were able to live another day. So take the good with the bad, and chaulk it up to one of life's lessons. Good luck.