Truck Cap Question

Kevin R.

Long story short, the Dakota I bought after totaling the Mustang came with a fiberglass bed cap (if that is even what you call these things).

The guy gave me the receipt for the thing -- and it cost him around $830 brand new.

However, albeit convenient, this kind of makes my truck look like a 75 year old man owns it.

The question I have is, how would I go about selling this thing -- or better yet -- placing an approximate value on it? Do these things depreciate?

Or, is it a "you have to find the right buyer" kind of deal because it is a certain color?

School me if you have any experience in this.

Also, do not misconstrue this as a for sale thread. I may not sell it at all -- but am looking for where to start if I decide to down the road.

Picture for reference -- in case I did not name the thing properly. I cannot tell if it is a cap, cover, cab, etc. when Googling shit.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs132.snc3/17950_767642965304_12330469_43893703_1972933_n.jpg

Good luck. We pull caps off all the time and their hard to sell. EBay auction would be your best bet we've had good luck there

Same as this. My Ram came with one. It was a really nice one, probably a little nicer than that one even. It was white, so a semi popular color. Especially for service trucks that might use them more? Anyway, I had it for about 6 months trying to sell it, then finally let it go on eBay for $200. It was nice as some extra weight back there in the winter for when I wasn't in 4 wheel though. I just haul way too many big things in the bed to justify its use, so I took the low amount just to get rid of it.

What the hell is that thing, Kevin?

It is my post-Mustang totalling whip brah.

I am going to lower it and put black wheels on it to match your Audi, except in truck form. I will have to keep the cap to produce the same look though.