another news group thread

NTHER91

I searched both here and the web and can't find a better tutorial then thorns but his is all red x's now so I need help with setting up my newsgroups

got grabit got my server name i think

news.wowway.com ...came from a tech at wowway

go to nzb matrix and when I try to download anything it says sending password access denied via auth server

what am I doing wrong?

you put your un/pw on in the grabit properties boxes right? I double checked them and they are correct I know this

and sad face about the usenet I dont want to pay

Confirm with wowway what you are supposed to use. IIRC, you don't need your full email/login, just the username.

IE: not: nther91@wowway.com and pw: xxxx

Just:

nther91 and pw: xxxx

I buy bandwidth from AstraWeb, typically 160GB at a time and that lasts me for months. But I'm paying for the WOW cable, so I try to use that 5GB before i dig into my AstraWeb. Get the most bang for my buck that way.

And what NZB search engines are you using now? Merlin's Portal is gone now, and that was my primary.

I buy bandwidth from AstraWeb, typically 160GB at a time and that lasts me for months. But I'm paying for the WOW cable, so I try to use that 5GB before i dig into my AstraWeb. Get the most bang for my buck that way.

And what NZB search engines are you using now? Merlin's Portal is gone now, and that was my primary.

I pay for unlimited through usenetserver.com..well worth it, when you are gobbling 15-20gb a day sometimes.

As far as clients/searches ect. all that goes, I'm using the same thing I've been using for ages:

http://www.newzbin.com + newsleecher w/ supersearch