Looking for Vet & Groomer Recommendations

Fiji ST

My fiance and I are seriously considering adopting a dog this week and I want to have a vet lined up so they can check out the dog and I want to get him a bath ASAP if we get him. I know about 90% of people on here have animals, so let me know. I've had animals pretty much all my life, but I don't know any veterinarians in Columbus.

Well, I would send you to my fiancee, but her practice is in Lancaster. There are a lot of vets that are pretty good in Columbus, it's hard to pick a bad one. What area of the city are you looking?

OSU. we've been going there as needed for our cats. just took one in friday actually. i dont know rates for other vets for similar services, but for office visit, get his eyes checked (hes been shitting/pissing right outside his litter box) and bloodwork, it was $170

and they called that night as well as saturday morning to follow up and see how he was doing. i thought that was cool. never had a vet do that before

OSU. we've been going there as needed for our cats. just took one in friday actually. i dont know rates for other vets for similar services, but for office visit, get his eyes checked (hes been shitting/pissing right outside his litter box) and bloodwork, it was $170

and they called that night as well as saturday morning to follow up and see how he was doing. i thought that was cool. never had a vet do that before

students are required to do callbacks like that

Avery Rd Animal Hospital in Hilliard, not too far from 270 on Cemetery Rd. We take both our dogs there and they are great. As far as grooming goes? Petsmart has groomers, but in all honesty its not that difficult to bathe a dog yourself. If you don't want to do it at home there are Petspaw places attached to some car washes where you can wash your dog. One of them is beside Meijer on Hilliard Rome Rd.

Thanks for all the recommendations. This is going to be harder than I thought.

As far as grooming, I might try to give him baths on my own, but since I'm first picking him up, I want to get him a good scrub and a trim by someone who knows how to do it properly.

As far as grooming, I might try to give him baths on my own, but since I'm first picking him up, I want to get him a good scrub and a trim by someone who knows how to do it properly.

What kind of dog ? Long hair that needs sissor trims ? Otherwise, there's not much to screw up. Wash and dry. Trimming nails is pretty easy too. Just get some Styptic Powder or Corn Starch (second choice) to stop any nail bleeds if you cut too far by accident.

What kind of dog ? Long hair that needs sissor trims ? Otherwise, there's not much to screw up. Wash and dry. Trimming nails is pretty easy too. Just get some Styptic Powder or Corn Starch (second choice) to stop any nail bleeds if you cut too far by accident.

Well, it was going to be a minature poodle mix, but someone came down from Michigan and snatched him.

And I'm too lazy to want to wash my dog. Rather pay a few $$$ and have someone else do it. :)

Well, if you still do get a dog, Riverside Animal Care has been really good. I've had so many office visits comped and they've worked with me on pricing more than once. Very helpful and I've never had to wait long once I'm there.

6924 Riverside Dr, Dublin, OH 43017-9519

(614) 766-1222

Open Mon-Thu 7:30am-7:30pm; Fri 7:30am-6pm; Sat 8am-3:30pm