Blockbuster on Schrock is Closing

01sentrase2.0

My job is secure at another store but I'm not sure which one yet Tim. Evan, yep the one off schrock and rt 3 and tv series are $20. Brandon, we just found out last week we are closing.

Damn, that sucks it was sooooo much easier then going to maxtown since i live off of cooper :( oh well. Good thing your job is secure though that would suck

haha jason. i don't see that happening. brandon, whats your last name? Im sure i have helped you before but just didn't know it. kevin, the reason this store is closing is because key bank and casto paid blockbuster enough $ to make up 10 years net profit to take over the lot.

blockbuster is corp owned for all of the stores. the debt is due to blockbuster buying themselves back from viacom who originally owned them. viacom took all of our profit and wouldn't put any money back into the stores (ie, the stores were getting old and outdated). we are still running on DOS because of viacom. blockbuster has been on forbes list for the last 8 years of companys to disappear. obviously that hasn't happened.

Redbox wont get any of the big titles from Warner Brothers for 28 days but blockbuster will. Hot Tub Time Machine, Sherlock Holmes, It's Complicated, Book Of Eli, Blind Side. Redbox doesn't have the selection that Blockbuster does or the quantities. Blockbuster is getting ready to start a new pricing of $3 rentals for 3 days and a $1 per day after that if customers can't watch the movie that quick. Blockbuster will be hitting 25 years old here shortly and will be doing a flashback to 1985 pricing which was $3 for each movie. Blockbuster is also putting kiosks in speedways, and in urban active gyms as well.

I can't believe their still in business. Way over priced, people don't want to pay $5+ for a movie and keep it for 5 days, when you can go to red box and get it for a $1. Blockbuster dosen't understand that. Red Box, in Demand, mail in movies etc etc. is killing BB.

I'd say within 5 years most all BB stores won't exsist anymore, they'll be replaced by Kiosks like RB, and depend on their internet and mail programs.

Look at the financial statements and the upcoming debt payments Blockbuster has. It doesn't look good. As much as they are doing right now that is good, there is little financial backing to support it, as you touched on. Hence, no one knows about all of Blockbuster's offerings that directly compete, and often are better, than NetFlix.

However, they still do stupid shit like 5 day rentals. Who needs a movie for 5 days? They also are leasing their branding for the kiosk boxes where they only see 10 percent of revenues. They are merely doing this to stay afloat, because all they are doing is sending consumers away from their stores to a kiosk where they only see 10 percent.

I just think they have some fucked up business practices. We did an analysis senior year of the company and some changes they need to make and it just didn't look good for them financially.

Redbox wont get any of the big titles from Warner Brothers for 28 days but blockbuster will. Hot Tub Time Machine, Sherlock Holmes, It's Complicated, Book Of Eli, Blind Side. Redbox doesn't have the selection that Blockbuster does or the quantities. Blockbuster is getting ready to start a new pricing of $3 rentals for 3 days and a $1 per day after that if customers can't watch the movie that quick. Blockbuster will be hitting 25 years old here shortly and will be doing a flashback to 1985 pricing which was $3 for each movie. Blockbuster is also putting kiosks in speedways, and in urban active gyms as well.

Glad to see they will be adjusting their pricing after raping people for years now. But for me and my family $3 for 3 days is still not going to get me in the door. I really don't care about getting a movie as soon as possible when it's available for rental, some people are and thats fine. I can wait 28 days for a $1 a rental, there's plenty of other movies to watch in the mean time.

My main rental comes from On Demand for $3.99 via Time Warner. For .99 more I can hit a button on my remote and not have to waste gas and wait in line and then waste more gas to return the movie.

If BB wanted to save some money stop printing out 40 reciept's with each rental.

Again, Glad to see they are trying to adjust pricing, but too little too late IMO.

If BB wanted to save some money stop printing out 40 reciept's with each rental.

Haha, seriously... wtf is up with that? I haven't even stepped foot inside a Blockbuster for a few years but I remember renting games or movies there and you would leave with essentially a booklet of receipts that I never even looked at.

My job is secure at another store but I'm not sure which one yet Tim. Evan, yep the one off schrock and rt 3 and tv series are $20. Brandon, we just found out last week we are closing.

In all honesty how is Blockbuster doing? I understand they started putting up their little kiosk rental stands, but are they suffering as badly as everyone puts them out to be?

Their name has been mentioned numerous times in meetings at Netflix, but we haven't had a meeting directly related to them they are just referenced time to time. Do they have any hope of staying afloat?

I switched to Netflix a few years ago and have never looked back. Sorry Luke.

I can stream Netflix (even thought the movies aren't the latest etc...) and keep everyone entertained for a few hours. I get them in the mail. I can put it right back in the mailbox. No more driving to the store....waiting in line...checking out....driving home....

What finally did it for me was one of our local stores was some type of test store or something and they had different policies (return reminders were no existent) etc.. than a store not more than 2 or 3 miles away. I started going to that store and it shut down....I have never ventured back.

blockbuster has been on forbes list for the last 8 years of companys to disappear. obviously that hasn't happened.

Not exactly something I would be proud of as a company... I mean yeah they've managed to stay afloat for those 8 years where others thought they would go under. But on the other hand people are calling you out to fail... Forbes list are a pretty big deal in the business world too, so some pretty big votes go into that list to get on it.

Pfft, only times I visit blockbuster is to buy movies for typically $3-$5 each max. I stoped renting from them when every other company (redbox, gamefly, netflix) came out with innovaitive ways to get me media, and blockbuster stood still.

If you don't think blockbuster is going under look at hollywood video, I see little to no difference with how hollywood video and blockbuster are currently running their business or did...