Anybody know anything about clothes dryers? repair etc

CJINOHIO03

My sears is about 7 years old. It started smelling burnt the other day I shut it off. Two days late it worked fine. Today it I tried it makes a noise but the drum etc isnt spinning etc. It makes a humming noise though. Years ago a circuit board was replaced that was recalled. What could it be? What to check etc? Anybody do these types of repairs? Thanks CJ

When you shut the door there should be a little thing that pushes a button, so the dryer knows the door is closed. Use a pen or something to push that button, hit start, and shove the spinny thing inside with your hand. The motor might just be stuck.

sounds like the drive belt broke

take the front of the machine off and look its even easier than working on a car

This.

Your exact symptoms happened to the dryer at our college house. Dude came, I believe put a new belt on, and pulled a shit ton of lint and crap out that caused the problem in the first place (dryer was previously used without the lint filter on).

Should be a relatively easy fix.

Yeah did some reading said it would be this or motor. I guess I will have to pull it out and work on this weekend. It is in a closest almost so it barely fits in there t begin with.

they're simple to figure out/fix, if Dacco of 71 is still in buisness go there for your parts, almost 100% of the time the parts are in stock

Well got the cover off belt is fine motor is gone/going though...took a cover off a plastic wheel/turbo shaft looking thing is all i can see. I assume the motor is behind there well I spun the wheel by hand and the motor started. I shut if off and wont start unless I spin it by hand. Obviously I dont/cant do this forever with no lint guard on it etc.

Do you have to replace the motor from the back? I will try to post some pics up soon. Could it just be bound up some how? Should I try some electrical spray etc?

I spoke to soon it wont work now it doesnt even turn on and make the buzzing noise...so I cant jump start by hand anymore lol Oh and its Dayco if that was the place u were talking about off of Weber rd Edited by CJINOHIO03
added