Wide Open West customers, come on in, let's talk

SpaceGhost

Ok So I was at the Father-in-Law's house yesterday and we were watching the brickyard 400 on his brand new Plasma. I have been noticing the drop in quality in Wow's picture quality, the race looked horrible. Square boxes everywhere, and the picture would degrade and be rebuilt constantly.

I have been noticing this a lot lately in my house too, like Wow has started to compress HD channels. Also the Digital channels are the same, When my daughter watches noggin, the picture gets Boxes and pixelated all the time on that channel.

Anyone else seeing this lately?

Ok So I was at the Father-in-Law's house yesterday and we were watching the brickyard 400 on his brand new Plasma. I have been noticing the drop in quality in Wow's picture quality, the race looked horrible. Square boxes everywhere, and the picture would degrade and be rebuilt constantly.

I have been noticing this a lot lately in my house too, like Wow has started to compress HD channels. Also the Digital channels are the same, When my daughter watches noggin, the picture gets Boxes and pixelated all the time on that channel.

Anyone else seeing this lately?

Every carrier has to compress their HD Channels. It boils down to the gear you are using to do the compression, and how many channels you are putting into a single group. (i.e. 3:1, 2:1, etc....)

TWC has gone to mostly 2:1 for their HD Channels, and 10:1/16:1 for their SD stuff. This is also assuming WoW is doing Video over IP/Switched Digital Video in their plant.

All I know is the HD looks really bad recently.

Could be growing pains, which isn't a bad thing for them.

Have you called into get support? A lot of the times, we don't even know we have an issue until someone calls it in. There are too many pieces to these Networks to be on top of every single minor alarm.

There is a lot more to the video picture you receive today, than there ever was. Most video is delivered via IP now anyways. It just adds complexity. The best way for your voice to get heard, is to call in and complain.

I'll try and watch some tv tonight and see if I'm having any issues. I've got a 50" plasma and HD through WOW but it's been almost a week since I've watched any tv so I'm not sure if I'm having any problems. I do know last week it was fine though.

Matt it is mostly Live Sports events on the big 4 networks I have noticed since that is mainly what I watch.

I would love to go to Direct TV but holy shit do they fucking rape you per month.

I did the Extra Choice package and looked on line what the bill would be per month for only TV and it is like $109 For the first 7 months because I would get the Sunday Ticket, then it drops to $64 a month for 5 months and the the 1 year pricing is up and it jumps back to $93 a month.

If you do the premium package it is like $76 for the first 5 months, then $132 the next 19 months.

:mad:

I've got 50" plasma and have WOW and it's a shitty pic also it when but when I watch movies it's awesome I was planning on getting the Hd channels but don't want to pY more a month

For me, it was only like $0.70 more per month for the HD channels if you already have the digital box. They just have to come out and swap out your Digital box to an HD box.

I havne't had any problems with my HD service. Actually I think mine has gotten better as more of my neighbors have went from WOW to AT&T. LOL

Sorry Tim in two weeks I will not be a WOW customer any longer.

So I went to the AT&T store this evening, and They offered me 6MB internet, Land phone, and DirectTV WITH the Sunday ticket and Sunday Ticket to Go(Watch Any NFL game on my iPhone or Computer) Cheaper than what we pay Wide Open West now by a lot, plus we get 5 months of all the movie channels for free which is cool because the wife wanted to watch True Blood. All will be done and hooked up in a couple of weeks Just in time for NFL. Oh and I had to buy the equipment, HD DVR, and 2 HD boxes, but I am being credited for those on my wireless account on my iPhone. :) SO They are free in the end. Plus we get the new service that allows us to record on the DVR and watch it on any TV in the house. Bring on bad storms as I have a 100% clear view of the South sky, since all anyone can say bad about DirectTv is the MAY go out in a storm. I have an Antenna for Over the Air HD already anyway. No biggie.

Again all cheaper than Wow is charging us curently. For me to stick with Wow I would have to pay less than half what we pay because I feel I am getting More Channels, better picture, Better DVR, SUNDAY Ticket, and the to Go, plus I can set my DVR from my phone! but -2MB for internet. Which My apple connection maxes out a 2MB to their servers so I really could care less. Other than web surfing that is the most bandwidth intensive thing I do on the net. WOW used to be 6MB and I was fine with it.

Other bonus is we consolidate another bill into one payment. TV, Internet, Phone and Cell all to AT&T. The deal was too good to pass up.

I had an issue like that Ben and I called WOW out. He came out yesterday. Found the signal was crap. A long time ago a WOW tech came in and installed a signal booster downstairs. Yesterday the tech re-routed that so it's boosting all my TV's not just the basement. Changed a few ends, replaced the digital box upstairs. Everything has been good since.

I'd also like to point out another reason for leaving WOW is we got a letter a few weeks ago, stating that WOW is completely dropping NFL Network. I like to watch the pregame talk on Sundays in the fall. Now also I will be able to watch the Thursday games too, unlike with WOW.

I'd also like to point out another reason for leaving WOW is we got a letter a few weeks ago, stating that WOW is completely dropping NFL Network. I like to watch the pregame talk on Sundays in the fall. Now also I will be able to watch the Thursday games too, unlike with WOW.

Wow you read that letter wrong. They dropping the NFL network from a regular Digital channel. You will only be able to get that channel in HD.