Time for some inches!

dover

Bring it by the shop! I would be happy to tune it for you. Also forgot to mention you have a $50 Giftcard from last weekends bike night waiting for you for best looking bike of the night! This week is widest tire!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in Anthony's truck I'll post it up tomorrow. It needs a tune really bad the bike really just doesn't seem to be running exactly correct.

Mods:

APE Clutch Springs

Clutch Mod

Bazzaz Box

Brocks Sidewinder

K&N Filter

PAIR Delete

I have a Vortex -1 for the front I am going to put on. It has a junk tire on it so I was burning when I really started leaving hard. My 1-2 Shift was always short cause everytime I'd try to bring my leg up quick I'd fuck up and bounce it off the box. The bike really needs an air shifter, better tire, and some gear!

.. the MPH just seems really low. Last year my other 08 was trapping 150's. It hasn't been tuned or dyno'd since all of the above.

Which clutch mod (Brock's)?

Toss the K&N and what rear sprocket are you running? What did you change to from the stock 18/43?

You should be in the 150's pretty easy so something is wrong to be down 10mph...

What kind of dyno did it pull 172rwhp?

Thanks Justin haha I'll have to swing up there soon lol!

Josh:

It has a weld up in it.

So I should run no filter? or buy a BMC which what it seems like allot of people are doing.

Rear Sprocket is a stock 43 aluminum vortex sprocket

Front is currently stock BUT I have a Vortex 17 tooth sitting at my house I plan on putting in it.

I think Brocks is sending me a map for it and as soon as I get that I will upload it and see what the deal is. The bike just doesn't seem to be running correctly right now with no tune it, It's dead till about 8 grand then comes alive.

To be honest, the stock filter will make 1-2hp more than a K&N. I would just run the OEM filter unless you do a lot of street riding and have to clean the K&N often.

Your gearing should be fine for now until you get your launch and power sorted. I just wanted to make sure you didn't go 18/46 or something.

I have a Bazzaz custom map tuned for my bike you can try but it might be a little fat. Anything has to be better than what you are running. You aren't running the base slip-on map that they send in the Bazzaz are you?

I am running nothing all we did was plug the box in, the PC my guy uses for tuning and that has my old tune on it that we plan on using is fucked.

So you are using the Bazzaz box or ECU editor?

If the Bazzaz is plugged in then you are using the slip-on base map that is preloaded and LEANER than stock...

:eek2:

DO NOT run your bike anymore until you get it tuned, you may have already hurt it...

So you are using the Bazzaz box or ECU editor?

If the Bazzaz is plugged in then you are using the slip-on base map that is preloaded and LEANER than stock...

:eek2:

DO NOT run your bike anymore until you get it tuned, you may have already hurt it...

Great glad no one told me this prior, Brocks just emailed me a tune for the bike. I will be uploading it today. I may even take it over to Cycle Search and throw it on the dyno afterwards and see if it is ok. I'd sure hope that the motor isn't hurt hell the Bazzaz box has been on for 5 days and I made 10 passes with it.

PM me your email and I'll send you a Bazzaz map I had done. It will be pretty close and if you are going to the dyno, it would be worth trying for comparison. Just remember it's tuned for racing not a high dyno sheet... ;)

You may also want to get some GSXR1K short velocity stacks to try also since you are doing primarily drag.

Which clutch mod (Brock's)?

Toss the K&N and what rear sprocket are you running? What did you change to from the stock 18/43?

You should be in the 150's pretty easy so something is wrong to be down 10mph...

What kind of dyno did it pull 172rwhp?

We have a Dayton Dyno here.

Great glad no one told me this prior, Brocks just emailed me a tune for the bike. I will be uploading it today. I may even take it over to Cycle Search and throw it on the dyno afterwards and see if it is ok. I'd sure hope that the motor isn't hurt hell the Bazzaz box has been on for 5 days and I made 10 passes with it.

Should have done your homework instead of listening to to others maing.

My bike ran like shit cus of NO tune. I lost to some fools I shouldnt have cus it had no power down low

Its cause your big and broly

I wasnt doubting it, you dodge bullets a lot :)

Another note, I dig the Monster Arai helmet. i was going to go that route but Arais dont fit me that well.

lol truth!

I wear a Shoei Medium and a Large Arai their fitting seems a bit small, but overall love how light it is and how well it fits.

Any updated runs with the new maps?

Ran with the Brock map couldn't find my Bazzaz cord so I have yet to try your tune. I think we have diagnosed my low trap speeds, appears the clutch is worn out. Friday at National Trails it was 60 degrees and cool and I was still only trapping 137-140 again but going slower even with 1.7-1.8 60ft times. That day at Kilkare I went 9.82@141 it was 100 degrees and 100% humidity easy. I am going to replace the clutch get the new map on and a new tire and go to Kilkare Tuesday and see how it goes.

How many passes on the clutch?

While you have it apart get a real Brock's 1-piece clutch mod with his spring setup. I don't recommend the mix and match combos like you have for that reason.

Clutch has about 20 passes by me on it and has about 5k miles on it. It already has a weld up in it and the APE springs. I went to bike night last night and the bike seems to be breaking up allot in low RPM's and spitting and popping a bunch while cruising. I have no idea what the deal is with it.

Clutch has about 20 passes by me on it and has about 5k miles on it. It already has a weld up in it and the APE springs. I went to bike night last night and the bike seems to be breaking up allot in low RPM's and spitting and popping a bunch while cruising. I have no idea what the deal is with it.

The clutch shouldn't be done with that many passes and miles. I would check the springs/bolts to see if they backed out (there was a TSB for loctite on them). Otherwise the plates should be fine for those miles and passes...

Is it throwing FI lights? If so do you know how to jump the plug to get the E-code? If that's what's happening then....

...my guess is one of the Bazzaz injector plugs isn't making contact and you aren't running all 8-injectors. Otherwise, I really hope you didn't hurt the motor if you were doing street/track runs with the Bazzaz plugged in but no tune... :(

If that doesn't clear it up check the compression. If that is fine, get it on the dyno and check the A/F BEFORE you ride it anymore... ;)