Time for some inches!

dover

Clutch has about 20 passes by me on it and has about 5k miles on it. It already has a weld up in it and the APE springs. I went to bike night last night and the bike seems to be breaking up allot in low RPM's and spitting and popping a bunch while cruising. I have no idea what the deal is with it.

hell my 1000 has the brock shyt in it and it has 50 passes on it and i beat the shyt out of if on the street too

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh uploaded your tune today and finally put a Shinko "Hook-Up" on the bike it is night and day. Your tune is really good there are no flat spots and sputtering like my last two tunes, I hope to make some passes at Marion tomorrow night I'll let you know how it went

It was tuned down here in the Texas heat so you might have to tweak it a little bit with your setup. However, it did trap 150+ with my 220lb. azz on board (SWB 200mph setup and gearing). I'd still throw it on the dyno for piece of mind before you race it... ;)

Josh the tune you had was SUPER rich lol once we looked it over so I switched over to another map Brocks had provided to try and lean it out a bit and make some power. Thanks anyway haha, it really needs a custom map so I am going to take it somewhere here soon to get it straightened out! Brock was at the track and took a look at it we still couldnt seem to get the MPH or up. BUT I did do my personal best tonight:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c375/allaboutwrx/4b6aa3f3.jpg

I am adding a Vortex -1 front to get out of the hole harder. The best the bike went tonight with a credible rider was a 9.23@148 w/ 1.45 60

What was your target A/F ratio?

Are you running the GSXR1K short velocity stacks?

That map is tuned for ram-air when racing so if you leaned it out on a dyno it will be lean on the street/track.

Something is still not right though 142mph...? What are you shifting at?

Hell, my stock motor Gen-I trapped 145mph with 30rwhp less than my Gen-II.

It's still nosing over on the big end. Have you checked your TPS to make sure you are getting 100% throttle? Again, something is wrong...

I havent put it on a dyno yet I had Brock look it over, my buddy jumped on it and went 9.23@148 which still seems low to me. I am going to start spraying the bike I think with a small shot to get where it needs to be.

And you wanted t dig race me?! :gtfo:

:) Love you-nice mods. How much did all this cost btw? And how much better does that Shinko hook?

lol, yes sir I suck 10's all day you're going to need to set me out a couple :cool:

All together:

Pipe - 650

Bazzaz - 320

Chain - 200

arm - 450

tiger tail - 100

vortex rear - 60

vortex front - 25

dog bones - 60

triple tree - 120

catalyst tail - 400

paint - 50

taili light - free (thank you cycle search)

chain guard - 30

powdercoat - 200 (thank you P&P)

shinko hookup - 175

hooks AMAZING!! cut 1.58 with it and my buddy cut 1.44's