Howdy all

Slowbalt

My name is Brandon and I used to be around the Columbus scene a few years ago with a red gsx. I am getting back into the scene now that I have a car that is modable. Recently picked up a 2009 Cobalt SS/TC a few months ago and have been modding ever since. Heading up to MCIR tonight so hopefully see a few of ya there!
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow you guys are fast, haha. I'm at work right now but my old car was a maroon eclipse gsx and the plates were "I SMOKD U". I was at national trails and Tri County a lot and my best time was 12.00. I may have some pics of the 'Balt on my phone but I'll def get some pics up when I get home. My 'Balt is black and I have only been to NTR once this year and ran an unimpressing 13.9 but at 110mph so with some traction I'm hoping for a bit better tonight!

Welcome buddie good to finaly see you get on here. Don't doubt him guys his 2g went 11's at norwalk I believe as well alot of people would know that car if he still has pictures of it and his colbalt with basic modds and traction limited would have defently gave my old ws6 a run for its money and my old ws6 was a 12.60's car all day long. 12's or bust tonight my man like I have been telling you all week. You have some sticky tires now it better happen. Don't make me get in that car and show you how to drive it ha ha.

pics or gtfo

BAM!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs123.ash2/39465_1440068194172_1007058664_31144258_6469097_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs169.snc4/37781_1440068714185_1007058664_31144259_208978_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs089.ash2/37781_1440068754186_1007058664_31144260_2875379_n.jpg

Yo Brandon my lady friend with her Shelby gt cant come tonight her tire shop ordered a wrong tire and they wont let her take the car on mis matched tires even though the fronts would be the old ones and the rears would be the new tires. Sucks cause I was gonna be running her car at the track all night. Im gonna have to ride up with you then. Hit me up and we will meet up and Ill ride shotgun and film for ya. Maybe we can get a round of diskin in before we meet up with the peeps at polaris.

Welcome.

Mods?

Performance:

Pedders Springs, Hahn Intake, Rotated Transmission Mounts, Downpipe, Nitto NT05 Tires, PowerGrid Endlinks, GMS1 +HP Tooners

Looks:

Tinted Windows, Gen4 Projectors+ 8000k HID, Shorty Antenna

• Upvote 1

Have Dyno Brian tune that thing, pick up some good pwer.

He does all of his tuning himself actually. Granted its all done on the street and he has no idea what he is actually putting down power wise the man can tune a car. At least this one ha ha this thing is night and day compared to what it was untuned and then how it felt last week when he took me for a ride.

He does all of his tuning himself actually. Granted its all done on the street and he has no idea what he is actually putting down power wise the man can tune a car. At least this one ha ha this thing is night and day compared to what it was untuned and then how it felt last week when he took me for a ride.

I'm sure it is night and day, the PCM controls the boost. Tune it right and pick-up good power. All I was getting at, and getting a cheap plug in for Brian. I tune my car too, but I can't pick up 60hp with a tune like those Cobalts can.

haha, thanks Dave!. I'm on HPTuners forums daily so I've learned a TON from there in the time I've had the car (since 10/09). I have no clue what it is putting down but it is definitely feeling rowdy with the recent tuning changes I've made. Im otherguy84 on HPTuners.com and lettuceman420 over at CSS.net

Welcome Brandon, I remember the GSX from back in the day, I ran around with Josh Bay and a few of them

Yeah, I remember you guys from the Marcus cinemas, Home depot on sawmill, and kroger over on broad, depending on where the cops and burn out kids were not, haha.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure it is night and day, the PCM controls the boost. Tune it right and pick-up good power. All I was getting at, and getting a cheap plug in for Brian. I tune my car too, but I can't pick up 60hp with a tune like those Cobalts can.

I couldnt agree more that a tune makes the car. My old ws6 some people may remember it, it was red and really loud was owned prior by Dale (evills1)which I know alot of people on this site know who he is, was only a 347whp car yet anything 450 hp and under was fair game for me. It was all in the top end that the car seemed to have and it would never stop pulling no matter how fast you were going it was crazy. I beat up on countless svt cobras with bolt ons claming 400+ wheel from 20 rolls and even remember one fun evening I ran into a yellow built blocked procharged mustang (not going to mention any names though ;)) that couldnt come around me till 130 + on I think it was 3 different runs. Its not just the parts in your car its the quality of the tune you have that makes your car what it is...

welcome and nice cobalt. i think i remember seeing your car at trails quite a few times.

this may be a dumb question, but did you have a friend that used to run out there with an eclipse that had plateson it that said something along the lines of "smoked V8"?

welcome and nice cobalt. i think i remember seeing your car at trails quite a few times.

this may be a dumb question, but did you have a friend that used to run out there with an eclipse that had plateson it that said something along the lines of "smoked V8"?

I don't remember those plates but it is possible. I rarely cruised to NTR with other DSM's. I was usually there with an s10, Grand National, Rambler, or cavalier, haha. Usually go to TRI County or Norwalk with the DSM guys.

Thanks CRAWDAD! Wish you would have had the GT500 out last night. Good times for sure though.