grudge vids from july 31st

Guest Whine

not talking shit at all cuz my car looks a turd but CR really brought the better looking cars and truck

ray the car is sick congrats I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do just watching it

and whats with the 79 malibu doing funny car burnouts?

Good videos. i was hoping to find one that i could see the tire shake better. but i could still tell i got out of the grove. wish it would have hooked. should have been one hell of a pass. The spirit was my fav. the amc boys are some really nice dude. good to meet you guys. cant wait to see the gremlin

Did the break not hold on Rays car? Definitly should have re run the final.

yep, Rays trans brake didn't hold. They gave the win to the black malibu. Then they were going to run the race just to see who would hae won and the black malibu got pushed off the track, not sure why. so they never really got to run.

Ray would have walked him!

Did the break not hold on Rays car? Definitly should have re run the final.

The three step didnt engage. I floor the car to build boost on the first step footbraking (2900rpm) and foot brake into the lights under some boost with the turbo lit up. when the second bulb lights I hit the transbrake it goes to launch RPM and boost in under a second. It is the only way to build enough boost on a pro tree. I never had trouble before with it and it works fine now so I am not sure what happened. I will check the wiring during the week.

I believe he hurt his engine. he had NO vacumn and only 20 psi oil pressure. It made a loud pop during his burnout (what he told me) I hope it isnt to bad.

That sounds like a challenge!! It was clear that CR was the fastest up there!!

Take my word for it I had front row seats and CR defently had the 2 fastest cars. I had my money on Ray all night since I am a trans am fan, but i will have to say Ray and Matt would have defently been a good run to see if it had worked out that way

oh well. things happend the way they did for a reason i guess. the malibu won and blew up so 600 should help. me and ray are still rolling so the extra cash wasent needed.

allthough my truck could use a new set of slicks. 13yrs on the same ones. im poor.

all the cars out there were fast cars . most to fast for the track that night. dew settled in way too fast. the wating till after 9 for the street cruise should have been the std 8pm time. and i was told on here NO test passes day of the event. got there and everyone ran test passes but me and ray. i missed watching the red nova was a sweet car. and i missed the spirit although i heard it was bad ass. it was there first time in that car. so it was doing real well. cant wait to meet up with the amc boys again. they are a real nice bunch. i wish i could have met the other drivers as well.

Edited by nurkvinny

oh well. things happend the way they did for a reason i guess. the malibu won and blew up so 600 should help. me and ray are still rolling so the extra cash wasent needed.

I thought the same thing, That dude was packing a high dollar big block.

(you know it is expensive if it's high dollar to me) :lol:

allthough my truck could use a new set of slicks.

You need to put a bigger tire on it so you wont have trouble hooking up next time :bangbang:

Edited by nurkvinny

i know im thinking about tubbing it and putting a 33x17. prostock tire

jegs has a set for 50 bucks. used about as much as my 13 yr old slicks.

i figure run a 4.88 gear for the launch and with the 3" tire groth id be good to run 180mph.

plus im adding a bw 122mm turbo, 400" sbc afr 235s ported to 265. and running on nitromethane. cause pump e85 is for slow cars. ok now i need a 6.50 + adv et cert.

damnit anyone got a midget to get in through the door. im too big.

Edited by nurkvinny

All the cars that were in it were fast. i was impressed.

U guys need to make concrete rules for the next event. no test passes. do the cruise at 7 so there is some heat in the track when racing. no battery chargers or blowers. if a rad fan cant cool it and the alt charge it then its not a street car. tire press ok / fuel 2 rounds and 1st round / and bottles or ice every 2 rounds and 1st round. thats it. but not bad for first time. that was my first time on a pro tree. how did i do? felt like i reacted good

Edited by nurkvinny

Guest Whine

U guys need to make concrete rules for the next event. no test passes. do the cruise at 7 so there is some heat in the track when racing. no battery chargers or blowers. if a rad fan cant cool it and the alt charge it then its not a street car. tire press ok / fuel 2 rounds and 1st round / and bottles or ice every 2 rounds and 1st round. thats it. but not bad for first time. that was my first time on a pro tree. how did i do? felt like i reacted good

this was the 1st one and i knew some rules would need changed. as far as test passes, those guys bought into marions bracket program to get some passes in. i could not control that. there will be no more gen., fans, electric cords of any kind next time. to clear the air though, they was not using a battery charger. it was a 110 volt bottle heater. sounds like they need to change that or get a torch..lol...i do wanna keep this more like being on the street and not clog it all up with a bunch of rules. we all know how street rules are. we already have a hood closed policy and who does that in the parking lot on such and such street?

this was the 1st one and i knew some rules would need changed. as far as test passes, those guys bought into marions bracket program to get some passes in. i could not control that. there will be no more gen., fans, electric cords of any kind next time. to clear the air though, they was not using a battery charger. it was a 110 volt bottle heater. sounds like they need to change that or get a torch..lol...i do wanna keep this more like being on the street and not clog it all up with a bunch of rules. we all know how street rules are. we already have a hood closed policy and who does that in the parking lot on such and such street?

That sounds great Wayne,

We know it's tough to regulate an event like this and are just VERY happy to have the ability to run at an event like this. I think that you can count on the people I know that were there to continue to help any way we can to make this grow. We are very lucky to have a track owner that will allow us to use the facility in this manner.

Wouldn't it be easy to put multiple tunes on a switch and have a street tune and a strip tune? This would bypass opening the hood or tuning the car but still make a street car into a hell of a strip car.

Guest Whine
Wouldn't it be easy to put multiple tunes on a switch and have a street tune and a strip tune? This would bypass opening the hood or tuning the car but still make a street car into a hell of a strip car.
i dont know for sure, but i dont think its that easy.