My new Daily

dover

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wheels are going to get the centers color matched and the lips gloss black, windows are going darker!

you cant paint over the chrome dude. the only feasable way to do that will be by having them acid dipped to strip the chrome... cost is about 100.00/wheel to have that done which equals about half the cost of the set of wheels.

I have been there before.

I rec' you sell the wheels and buy new ones that:

A. look better

B. are paintable

then again, its not my car and i really dont care. so keep it.

Guest tbutera2112
you cant paint over the chrome dude. the only feasable way to do that will be by having them acid dipped to strip the chrome... cost is about 100.00/wheel to have that done which equals about half the cost of the set of wheels.

I have been there before.

I rec' you sell the wheels and buy new ones that:

A. look better

B. are paintable

then again, its not my car and i really dont care. so keep it.

sand blast the chrome and the powdercoat will lay right over it

i had it done on the harley truck at wheel medic, it didnt cost any more than any other wheel

sand blast the chrome and the powdercoat will lay right over it

i had it done on the harley truck at wheel medic, it didnt cost any more than any other wheel

are you saying that all you need to do is rough up the chrome finish? Because sandblasting won't take the chrome off (or so i was told by numerous chrome/metal/alloy plating shops in Akron that did both plating and removing)

my opinion is that it^^^ would not be the ideal way to do it.

Guest tbutera2112
are you saying that all you need to do is rough up the chrome finish? Because sandblasting won't take the chrome off (or so i was told by numerous chrome/metal/alloy plating shops in Akron that did both plating and removing)

my opinion is that it^^^ would not be the ideal way to do it.

yea rough it up with the sand blast

and no, it is NOT the ideal way to do it, and wheel medic said they cant warranty it if you choose to have it done that way

but i had great success with it and the wheels looked awesome

Guest tbutera2112

honestly i forget...

i paid $450 for 4 wheels, plus painted center caps, and painting my gas cap.... center caps were 10 each, gas cap i think 25... so...like 100 to 105 per wheel or something, i forget..(this also included tire removal and install, which was like 12 per wheel i think)

they were 20" chrome harley wheels

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/misc/0808091325.jpg