pain and suffering/whiplash..?

AWW$HEEET

my sister got rearended in traffic and went to the chiropractor, who showed her the xrays. she was pretty fucked up and sore for awhile. he said she has whiplash. anyone know how much she should expect, or ask for from insurance for "pain and suffering" or whatever?

anyone have any good lawyers at this sort of case?

all im going to say if it truely was an accident and shes fine now with no reacuring problems, then i wouldnt do anything. (if she does have medical bills go after that obvisouly).

Most people are sue happy now adays.

Now if she does have issues or with have prolonged stuff then its only fair to go after what's rightfully needed.

Maybe if she or anyone else gets into an accident in the future and its her fault then they will do the same (maybe, maybe not).

My brother just settled with an insurance company without a lawyer. He used his insurance to pay for his dr. bills and ended up settling for 12k. His out of pocket expenses from co-pays and deductibles was under 1k.

This was all done with-in 6 months of accident. Its better to do this kinda thing yourself. Insurance would rather not deal with lawyers who ambulance chase.

My brother just settled with an insurance company without a lawyer. He used his insurance to pay for his dr. bills and ended up settling for 12k. His out of pocket expenses from co-pays and deductibles was under 1k.

This was all done with-in 6 months of accident. Its better to do this kinda thing yourself. Insurance would rather not deal with lawyers who ambulance chase.

idk man. they pitched me $1000 and said they *might* be able to get it to $1500...this was cash for me, covering all my medical shit

it ended up being over 9k extra they had to pay between me and my atty.

idk man. they pitched me $1000 and said they *might* be able to get it to $1500...this was cash for me, covering all my medical shit

My brother was rear ended with his wife and 1 month old baby girl. They all took a ride in an ambulance to get checked out. No serious injurys. The Altima he was driving was totaled.

The driver that hit them was messing with his GPS admitted to the police by his passenger and then the driver. Im not trying to make my brother look like big shit but he studied law for six years heavily. He went in head strong and tried to get more but settled for the 12k.

I believe that the money they got for all three of them for injury was between 4200-4700. The rest of the 12k was for the hospital and aftercare dr. expenses which was paid for by their insurance. He really believed that they knew that insurance had already paid the medical and thats why they wouldnt pay out more.

I believe that you could of gotten the whole 9k had you played it out. Every case isnt the same though.

In the past I know insurance companies considered anything less than $10,000 "nuisance" money and would just pay out. Over that, you usually have to go to court unless there are circumstances where they want to settle.

Every case is different, even with two people in the same accident. A lot of chiropractors will work with lawyers, but the lawyer is going to take 1/3 right off the top.

My brother was rear ended with his wife and 1 month old baby girl. They all took a ride in an ambulance to get checked out. No serious injurys. The Altima he was driving was totaled.

The driver that hit them was messing with his GPS admitted to the police by his passenger and then the driver. Im not trying to make my brother look like big shit but he studied law for six years heavily. He went in head strong and tried to get more but settled for the 12k.

I believe that the money they got for all three of them for injury was between 4200-4700. The rest of the 12k was for the hospital and aftercare dr. expenses which was paid for by their insurance. He really believed that they knew that insurance had already paid the medical and thats why they wouldnt pay out more.

I believe that you could of gotten the whole 9k had you played it out. Every case isnt the same though.

ah...gotcha. i thought you were talking 12k to him. i think all in all they paid a little over 17k for my medical/atty/me, and they paid most of my car off, like $5700 and i had gap insurance for the rest.

my sister got rearended in traffic and went to the chiropractor, who showed her the xrays. she was pretty fucked up and sore for awhile. he said she has whiplash. anyone know how much she should expect, or ask for from insurance for "pain and suffering" or whatever?

anyone have any good lawyers at this sort of case?

http://www.sorokalegal.com

Roger Soroka is my personal lawyer and is awesome.

all im going to say if it truely was an accident and shes fine now with no reacuring problems, then i wouldnt do anything. (if she does have medical bills go after that obvisouly).

Most people are sue happy now adays.

Now if she does have issues or with have prolonged stuff then its only fair to go after what's rightfully needed.

Maybe if she or anyone else gets into an accident in the future and its her fault then they will do the same (maybe, maybe not).

I mean she was pretty screwed up for a few days, I think still on meds. Im no doctor and I dont really know what "whiplash" is medically, and what the long term ramifications are.

All I know is that the car is totalled, (not confirmed yet, but the rear quarters are crinkled in, the trunk doesnt close properly and the tank is leaking gas. My guess is its toast), and I personally would be pissed if I settled for 10k and end up having a long term injury.

When they first contact you they ALWAYS low ball the fuck out of you. They offered me $750 for my wreck when the damage was WAY worse than $750 worth. I personally wouldnt be comfortable handling it on my own and would call a dependable lawyer. Yes they'll take their 33% but if you get all your health care in the future covered (where applicable or course) then i would say its worth it.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=881458&postcount=3

/thread. Tell him you know me through CR and my wife Tamie. He's awesome. Others her have used him too.

My brother used his services for a ccw violation/charge, he was pretty good got everything dropped (they were BS charges anyway) and quick about it to. Went to court one time, charges droped, judge ordered his gun returned and that was it. Cool guy too.

hope shes ok. most soft tissue injuries are better after 6-8 weeks. if not then something else is going on. an atty will NOT make a difference with a soft tissue injury. it makes things a lot easier on you b/c you don't have to deal with everything. but if you just have minor bills and your better after a few weeks. just negotiate your self. plus the atty takes 1/3 of everything. settlements are usually based on the impact, the extent of inj, the amount of treatment, lost wages, ect. every case is different and every insurance comany will be different. my best avdvise is just get compeltly better, hear there offer, then make a demand thats within reason. let me know if you any specific questions.

ah...gotcha. i thought you were talking 12k to him. i think all in all they paid a little over 17k for my medical/atty/me, and they paid most of my car off, like $5700 and i had gap insurance for the rest.

No they got the 12k total in their pocket. The almost 5k is what the insurance company felt they deserved for their pain and suffering.

The rest of the 12k came from what their doctors expenses were, but they got to pocket that money as well because they had good health insurance that paid the majority of it. He walked away with the 12k in pockets.

No they got the 12k total in their pocket. The almost 5k is what the insurance company felt they deserved for their pain and suffering.

The rest of the 12k came from what their doctors expenses were, but they got to pocket that money as well because they had good health insurance that paid the majority of it. He walked away with the 12k in pockets.

Until the health insurance company figures out the injury was caused by an auto accident. They will want reimbursed for any money they paid out for the claim since the auto insurance should cover the medical... I don't know how long the insurance company has to come back on 'you' for reimbursement, but I'd look into it if I were them.

Until the health insurance company figures out the injury was caused by an auto accident. They will want reimbursed for any money they paid out for the claim since the auto insurance should cover the medical... I don't know how long the insurance company has to come back on 'you' for reimbursement, but I'd look into it if I were them.

yep....