Airline Tickets?

Main3s

For people who travel a lot, where's the best place to get deals on airline tickets? I checked all the travelosity, expedia, yadda, yadda. But they all cost about the same. Are there any other places/ ways to get good deals? TIA!

yeah man, straight for the southwest site is where i book EVERYTHING. unless southwest doesn't fly there, and the only place they haven't flown so far is ATL. Had to take delta on that one, and paid out the ass.

you get do the "get away" flights for cheap through southwest.com great thing going through southwest directly is. you can change ANYTHING. Going through the 3rd party sites, you can't change SHIT without some sort of fee. Southwest FTW!

things i hate about the 3rd party sites is a lot of times it's regional jets and sometimes multiple airline companies. the regional jet thing is a complete no no for me, i need to ride in a jumbo jet. those little regional jets are usually bumpy as fuck.

things i hate about the 3rd party sites is a lot of times it's regional jets and sometimes multiple airline companies. the regional jet thing is a complete no no for me, i need to ride in a jumbo jet. those little regional jets are usually bumpy as fuck.

Yeah. I don't do care for regional jets or turbo props either. That's one reason I like kayak because it lets you filter those out.

yeah man, straight for the southwest site is where i book EVERYTHING. unless southwest doesn't fly there, and the only place they haven't flown so far is ATL. Had to take delta on that one, and paid out the ass.

you get do the "get away" flights for cheap through southwest.com great thing going through southwest directly is. you can change ANYTHING. Going through the 3rd party sites, you can't change SHIT without some sort of fee. Southwest FTW!

Southwest

If you need to go to ATL, then Air Tran.

When Jet Blue was at CMH I flew them all the time

Yeah. I don't do care for regional jets or turbo props either. That's one reason I like kayak because it lets you filter those out.

if I walked out and saw a turbo prop I would be turning around and walking right back in... LOL FUCK THAT!!!

South West was okay, but got I found my best deal so far on Kayak. thanks! :thumbup:

The problem is Kayak doesn't search discount airlines (Jet Blue, Southwest, Air Tran, etc....) No matter what, you will pay more using a 3rd party site.

Buying direct from a Discount Airline is the best way to go. Kayak won't get me on any 89 dollar flights.

Being a 3rd party site generally has nothing to do with the fact that you'd be flying on a regional jet/turbo prop. It's not like Delta (or whoever)has a 737 sitting on the ramp for those who booked on their site and a CRJ 200 regional jet right next to it for those who booked on Expedia both going to the same city. The airlines use passenger traffic numbers to determine which markets they're going to serve with regional jets. Granted, if you book on the actual airline site, you may have more flight options from certain cities to choose from and therefore avoid a regional, but a lot of markets are only served by regionals these days. Unfortunately for us, Columbus isn't a booming air travel market hence the reason for so many regional jets here. Good luck flying out of Columbus on a "jumbo jet", as nobody flies widebodies here (with the exception of the President, diversions, or charters), and haven't done so for years.

is a 737 consider jumbo? whatever teh southwest fleet is, the 737's. i always take those. it's just with the cheaper fares a lot of the time it is regional jets, at least like you say out of columbus. when i flew delta it was a md-88. that was a nice plane!

is a 737 consider jumbo? whatever teh southwest fleet is, the 737's. i always take those. it's just with the cheaper fares a lot of the time it is regional jets, at least like you say out of columbus. when i flew delta it was a md-88. that was a nice plane!

737's, MD 80-88's are narrow body. 747, 767, etc are widebodies, or jumbo jets.

What's with all the regional haters? Seriously, I'd like to know.

If your flying out of CMH, there's more than a 70% chance of riding on an airplane with less than 100 seats.

If you fly one of the Big Names then yes.

If you fly a discount Airline, then no.