2011 Supra Comeback Opinions

Pannucci

I'm a huge Supra fan. Probally my favorite cars. Just curious how some of you feel about the new design of the car and how it will perform.

Currently estimated to put out 400hp stock with a hybrid 3.5L v6?

If you haven't seen or read anything about it. Here's a starter link..

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/06/22/2011-toyota-supra-to-get-400-hp-via-35l-v6-mated-to-a-hybrid-system/

Toyota has been talking about the Supra for years. Instead, they build boring cars, some pretty decent trucks/SUV's, and leave anything worthwhile to Lexus. The last "sports" car Toyota sold here was the MR2 Spyder, a sad replacement to the MKI and MKII MR2's.

Toyota has been talking about the Supra for years. Instead, they build boring cars, some pretty decent trucks/SUV's, and leave anything worthwhile to Lexus. The last "sports" car Toyota sold here was the MR2 Spyder, a sad replacement to the MKI and MKII MR2's.

Don't they still sell the Celica and Matrix? :rolleyes:

Don't they still sell the Celica and Matrix? :rolleyes:

I might give you the Celica, but as an owner of a Matrix... it leaves a lot to be desired if you think you're going to do "spirited" driving out of it. All it has become is a SUPER reliable econo-box.

Celicas can be tuned to handle, but unless you have a turbo on--it's quickly becomes ricery.

Most people consider the Spyder a slouch until they drive one. Unbelievable braking and handling. Not to mention a true sequential transmission available for a car costing less than 25K is unheard of. The motor leaves something to be desired but, I beat on plenty of MKII turbos in my 2zz Spyder.

As far as being on topic, I will never consider a V6 Hybrid a replacement for the Supra.