Nelson Ledges 12 Hour Race - 8/21

Rally Pat

For the third year in a row, Craig, Sean and I are crewing for the 5:01 Motorsports Datsun 240Z team in the Nelson Ledges 12 Hour Race (formerly a 24 hour race called the Longest Day of Nelson). Its this weekend, and its running from noon till midnight. Its been a good time for me personally every year since we have been doing it. I recommend coming out!

This is the only picture I had on my Photobucket account, think this is from last year -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/MegamanEXE/user3354_pic3463_1264390795.jpg

Where is nelson ledges? How much to spectate?

Spectators pay $5 most the time they don't even bother. And it's about an hour 1/2 north of here. They also do not let faggots on or around the track.

tssssssssssssssssburn

Pat's picture is actually from 2 years ago when this was last run as a 24 hr. "Independent Racer" was a shop on the east side of Columbus that specialized in Datsun/Nissan into the '80s'. The owner helped several of us get started in racing.

Nelson Ledges is about 2.5 hours NW - just outside of Garrettesvile - or just east of Nelson, OH on S.R. 305. Race is from noon Saturday till midnight.

We've got a solid 3 driver line up, all of which have lots of experience at this race, and in this car. Typically they can run low 1:18 times at will.

Sean, Pat & I are running up EARLY Saturday due to work commitments. We will make up almost 1/2 of the "over the wall gang". Sean and Pat on tires and mechanical - I will be dumping fuel and doing the mileage calculations.

Looking forward to a great run - and seeing a lot of old friends!!!

Pat's picture is actually from 2 years ago when this was last run as a 24 hr. "Independent Racer" was a shop on the east side of Columbus that specialized in Datsun/Nissan into the '80s'. The owner helped several of us get started in racing.

Nelson Ledges is about 2.5 hours NW - just outside of Garrettesvile - or just east of Nelson, OH on S.R. 305. Race is from noon Saturday till midnight.

We've got a solid 3 driver line up, all of which have lots of experience at this race, and in this car. Typically they can run low 1:18 times at will.

Sean, Pat & I are running up EARLY Saturday due to work commitments. We will make up almost 1/2 of the "over the wall gang". Sean and Pat on tires and mechanical - I will be dumping fuel and doing the mileage calculations.

Looking forward to a great run - and seeing a lot of old friends!!!

If it takes you two 1/2 hours you're not doing it right ;)

2.5 hours equals about 65 mph average speed - 1.5 about 106 AVG speed.

I think we'll do a bit better than 2.5, but I don't need the hassles that come with the 1.5 trip on public roads. :zoom:

It must be because I'm further north of you that it takes me less time.

BTW - 1st in class (OK, we were the ONLY ITS car), but 4th overall, just missed the podium. Over 8 hours of the race in rain!

And in case you ever wonder why you don't see many Porsches out on rainy days??? Brand new 911 at the race, qualified on pole, after about 2-3 hours of rain someting got wet - car went into "limp home" mode. Couldn't be fixed trackside and retired!