Proud to be an American

gaewsky1

Pretty cool.

Shows how far the Mustang has come.

Very cool indeed. Love the car. However a $40,275 Mustang :confused:

Find a car that can do what it can for less money. M3 is pretty much the best sports coupe money can buy. Beats up on almost anything, regardless of price. The fact that a mustang can even be in the same sentence as a M3, let alone have marginal differences in ALL performance tests is outstanding. Win For Ford.

Pretty cool. Shows how far the Mustang has come. Find a new car that can do what it can for less money. M3 is pretty much the best sports coupe money can buy. Win For Ford.

fixed

however that's my point. in today's economy and as time moves forward, the costs of new cars and performance is increasing at such a rapid rate that the value cars hold in terms of what you get for the dollar is diminishing for the average household. there are just plain better things to spend $42k on. in terms of performance, I'd buy used.

"Both hit 60 mph in 4.4 seconds, but the Mustang is faster to the quarter mile by a tenth of a second and 0.7 mph-12.7 seconds at 111.6 mph. It also stops two feet shorter from 60 mph-a tie as far as we're concerned-and the GT really shatters the M myth on the skidpad. America's original ponycar manages to outgrip one of Germany's most iconic sports cars to the tune 0.2 second through our figure eight and by 0.01 g in lateral acceleration."

Give me the Mustang and the $20k+ in my pocket for modifications!

Guest tbutera2112

i hope mustangs keep getting more and more badass...then when it comes time for me to buy an 03/04 cobra, they will be "old, out-dated technology" and wont be 20k like they are now

ide take an 03/04 cobra over any 2011, best body style, and still have balls - best of both worlds.....only stang ide take over an 03/04 cobra is a 03/04 saleen cobra lol

The 40k is with every option to get it as close to the M3 as possible. A base GT with brembo package and 3.73s will perform just as well at 29-30k. A gt premium with brembos and gear will be ~33k. Quite a bargain if you ask me. Edited by Doug

I normally chime in a spout off the deficiencies and the biased nature of Motor Trend (they are, by the way. Don't think they're neutral).

That shit asside, Ford outdid themselves with this year mustangs.

That said, these car WILL NOT compete with eachother in the showrooms. Two completely different buyer demographics.

No no, this Mustang exists to shit all over the Camaro, and it has been eating Mexican food for the past 6 months, saving up for it.

Guest tbutera2112
I prefer them to FWD because you can actually get them to turn.

crank wheel, gently pull parking brake until you reach desired turn, let off parking brake and continue turn

my fwd saab was baller at parking brake turns in the snow - thats the only way it got anywhere, and saved my ass from sliding into shit SOOO many times

crank wheel, gently pull parking brake until you reach desired turn, let off parking brake and continue turn

my fwd saab was baller at parking brake turns in the snow - thats the only way it got anywhere, and saved my ass from sliding into shit SOOO many times

I perfected the parallel park in the MS3 downtown when my office was off Spring Street. Head south, pull brake, crank wheel left, make the 180 degree spin with ease, apply gas and come off clutch into second gear when needed to avoid bouncing off curb if you spin too fast and viola! Works in rain too, but you have to enter the spin with more power and the stop is a bit more abrupt.

I even was spotted by a cop....parking meter bitch....but even he came up to me and asked how long it took to perfect it as that time I swung it between two cars in a fairly tight spot :bangbang: