Need Help: Stolen Car

Darth Volkswagen

I know I don't post here much but I have been lurking for a while. I figured this is the largest car community in the Central Ohio area, so it's worth a shot.

I don't know how much good this will do, but it doesn't hurt. About an hour ago my buddy Danny's car was stolen.

Description:

Tornado Red Mk5 2-door GTI

Red OhioEuro.com sticker on rear driver's side window

Tinted windows

APR exhaust

Lowered

Carbon fiber front grille

Tinted tails

Maybe if you come across these on Craigslist:

Clarion flip-out head unit.

2 Memphis audio 12" Subwoofers - one with a crack in it.

APR intake

Here are some old photos:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4941480418_c7129c77e1_z.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4139/4941482014_71d337080e_z.jpg

I think that's it. He recently got a new license plate and can't remember what it is. It was stolen in German Village. He actually woke up to the "woosh" from his intake and rushed outside to see it driving away. They broke the front passenger window so that should be missing.

I know that this is a long shot, but any info would help. I have seen crazier things happen with the help of car communities on the Internet.

If you have any info please contact Danny at (614) 483-2814

I am crossposting this in a few Columbus area Forums please feel free to post it whereever you see fit.

Thanks.

thad.

I appreciate it.

I not familiar with century keys per se, but if they are the whole transponder/immobilizer keys, then yes. Which I thought about. I didn't know how it was possible without a key. If they had a key though, they would have no reason to break the window, correct?

No remote start. Car is fully paid off too.

Someone actually tried to break into the car a couple weeks ago. They shattered the window but the tint on the window kept it intact. I just thought it was to steal what was inside. I didn't think it was possible to take the car without the key. This time around he brand new window did not have tint.

I also didn't know until today that you can unlock the car from inside and it disarms the alarm. What is the use of that?

I also didn't know until today that you can unlock the car from inside and it disarms the alarm. What is the use of that?

Why did the breaking of the window not trip the alarm? Hmmm...

I'll keep an eye out when I'm taveling up that way. Something doesn't add up though.

Hey Thad! This is Trey that meet you at Big Ohio. I will keep my eye out for you and your friend. I don't see how it was taken without a key and immo, but I guess people can take anything they want if they know how to do it.

Car has been found!

Damage is minimal. All stereo stuff is gone of course, but not much else. Passenger seat seems to be broken. Thug couldn't figure out how to lean back so broke it. Window is obviously broken, but everything under the hood, exhaust, suspension is still intact.

Thanks all for being on the lookout.

P.S. - I suspect that my buddy had the valet key in his car. He can't find it and it seems to be the best explanation as to how they got past the immobilizer.

Car has been found!

Damage is minimal. All stereo stuff is gone of course, but not much else. Passenger seat seems to be broken. Thug couldn't figure out how to lean back so broke it. Window is obviously broken, but everything under the hood, exhaust, suspension is still intact.

Thanks all for being on the lookout.

P.S. - I suspect that my buddy had the valet key in his car. He can't find it and it seems to be the best explanation as to how they got past the immobilizer.

1st glad they found it2nd ur friendss a dumb ass for leaving a key in the car cause if he did now those thiefs have the key an can come joy ride the car or steal stuff at will :lol: well unless he changes the key stuff