Snow Skiers... few questions...

SRTurbo04

I know it’s wayyy early to be asking this but hey I like to plan ahead and I figure prices are down since its end of summer an still warm.

Got my mother into snow skiing last year and she liked it enough to justify buying a set instead of renting. She’s a normal skier no jumping or slalom or anything just regular riding what should I be looking for when buying her a set? Brand to stay away from? Certain things that would be better than others?

Price is a factor as I see most packages in the 400-700 range woooooo hot dog! Might just buy her a used pair of skis and some brand new boots. Are most of the bindings pretty universal with other boots orrrr?

Thanks for your help and hope to see you all on the slopes innnn like 6 months :lol:

bindings are universal but they need to be adjusted to the boot size. take them to aspen to get this done. also, aspen has a late summer sale on shit so you might be able to score a pair of skis cheap.

yea i looked today if those are there "sale " prices i dont want to know what regular is :lol:

get a nice pair of all mountain units. I am still partial to my old Machetes and Volants but the K2 Recons are a nice setup. There are Menn and women specific skis so I would do some research on what womens or unisex skis are popular.

Its been awhile since I have bought new but you can always buy up last seasons rentals from resorts, just be sure to get a pair that isnt beat up but thats obvious. Also when its in season she can go to some resorts and they have demo days were she can try and find out what she likes.