ms3 and snow..

2pointslow

Can't imagine it'd be much different than a regular 3 in the snow...and considering millions of soccer moms and the like drive them, I'm sure they're fine.

I drove my 06 3s through 3 winters no problem, all on the stock all season 17's. Only time I did get stuck was in my apt parking lot, I couldn't back out over the hump from the people that plowed. Had to have my dad pull me out with his suburban. Otherwise it was fine and actually fun to drive.

My 05 3i without ABS is a fucking deathtrap in the snow. Anything more than gently and slowly applying the brakes will cause the rear to come around. No ABS is very rare so no one else probably has any problems with them.

MS3 comes with summer tires correct? I would suggest at least to get some decent all-seasons on it.

MS3 with stock tires = fail. it will even tell you in the owners manual do not use stock tires in the snow. however if your buying used chances are you wont have to worry about having stock tires because they dont last long.

As long as you put snow tires on the car your golden. My car did excellent in the snow even when i was screwing around. I only got stuck once and that was completely my fault.(snow drags)

blizzaks work wonders.

i drifted across black ice and into a ditch, clipping a phone pole about 5 years ago...i literally drove out of the ditch, and it was deep as fuck. i really thought i was going to have to call a tow truck, but thought "what the hell, ill give it a shot". drove right out.

MS3 with stock tires = fail. it will even tell you in the owners manual do not use stock tires in the snow. however if your buying used chances are you wont have to worry about having stock tires because they dont last long.

As long as you put snow tires on the car your golden. My car did excellent in the snow even when i was screwing around. I only got stuck once and that was completely my fault.(snow drags)

This...we have a regular 3 and it sucked in the snow with stock tires...we got some continental dws all seasons and they made a huge difference. Get snow tires if its your dd

Stock OEM are summer only tires. DO NOT use them in temps under 40 degrees. You will not be whole if you do. In rain the OEM's are okay. Dry they are like glue. Won't last long though. I've had them on two cars and both times they were shit for life. I replaced them with Pirelli P-Nero Zero All seasons and they are very well in rain. Handling is crisp still too. Great bang for the buck. So far excellent tires.

The car handles great overall. Way more stable in rain that even my Fusion Sport. Stability Control and Limited Slip both help it go where you point it. I can't say I even saw the Stability kick in though. Car just plain goes.

I ran my Blizzak LM-25's on 17's and I can tell you it was like Velcro on the snow. I loved it. She performed very well. The tires are awesome. They feel like hi-po all seasons (which I now have too). Had them on dry roads well into triple digits and even in the twisties the car handled very crisp. No squirm. My buddy with me even commented after our runs that he forgot I was running winter tires :D

I'm looking to sell them if you are interested or go that route. O.Z. Superleggera & Blizzak LM-25's. Perfectly balanced and only about 10k or so on them. Have to check my receipts for the exact numbers. Last year they mainly saw snow on the highway. Bought them from Shanton and company when he was over at Discount Tire on Sawmill. Road hazzard and rotation with them too...not sure if it transfers. Let's talk.

The reason I'm selling them is the MS3 is no longer my DD'er and will sit in the garage during rain/snow. I put all seasons on her now and have my Fusion Sport for daily driving.

I'll bring my MS3 to the C&C this weekend at Blocks. Here's a link to a number of pics including my winter set up.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/105669550

Sneak Peak:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/105669550/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/121708816/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/121707455/original.jpg