WTB: 2001 Jeep Cherokee hitch/receiver

AWW$HEEET

check pick and pull. they may have one you can take if not figure about $140 to buy new and if you have it installed double it.

That is actually a really good idea. Now next, what do you have to do for electrical hook up for a trailer? Have you wired these before?

Keep an eye out on CraigsList. I got a Uhaul hitch for my 01 WJ for $40. If you dont' find one, I could let you borrow mine, I haven't installed it yet. I don't have the receiver and ball, but just the hitch.

I appreciate it, if I dont find anything at PnP Ill give you a shout.

what do you have to do for electrical hook up for a trailer? Have you wired these before?

This should help you with the wiring:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/trailer.htm

Pretty much it is all there, just need to by the plug to run from the tail light area to the hitch. Uhaul should have it.

Also keep that website book marked for your WJ. Tons of info there on the WJ.

Keep an eye out on CraigsList. I got a Uhaul hitch for my 01 WJ for $40. If you dont' find one, I could let you borrow mine, I haven't installed it yet. I don't have the receiver and ball, but just the hitch.

so the WJ and XJ share the same mounting points?

so the WJ and XJ share the same mounting points?

Crap, reading ownes me. I yeah a hitch for the WJ won't fit a XJ. I totally thought he said he had a 01 Grand Cherokee.

Putting a hitch on an XJ is a little more tricky than on the WJ. Best place to find one for the XJ is to grab one from a junk yard. I think at Pick N Pull they were selling them for like $50. But that has been a while ago.