Cigarettes

Erica

Never seen one get in the sunroof. That actually pretty awesome. Not for you, but for the actuality that it happened.

that was my thought... I have seen at night people flick one and it splatter the cherry all over the wind sheild of another car... thats kinda cool

If your going to throw your damn cigarette out the window in front of my car please make sure it does NOT hit my car and fly in my sun roof. Unless you want me to dump a whole ash tray full out of my window in front of you next time!

Amen

I bought an ashtray with just the hole in the top that fits my cupholder. Since then, I've gotten much better about not throwing my cigs out the window. I never throw or leave trash and even pick up others at some of my fishing spots etc, but the cig buds have been hard to stop tossing out.

As far as hitting people with them:

I will say that when I do throw them out, I got into the habit years ago of putting my arm all the way out the window and down towards the road before just letting go of the cig. I got long arms, so that's pretty close. This way, they wouldn't bounce onto people and their cars. Pisses me off when someone flicks one out in the air and bounces it off my shit, I don't want to do it to others.

It's all decomposible.

Not really. Most all butts are made from cellulose acetate which is a form of plastic and wood pulp spun together. It started as a use in photography. Ask me how I know. The plastics mixed in with the cellulose fibers can take 10-15 years to degrade and often not completely as they are not biodegradable as no living organisms eat plastic. They breakdown when exposed to caustic chemicals, but they will never turn into soil or be consumed by living organisms.

Don't believe me, then call any septic system maint. company and ask them what happens when you flush them down into a septic system. Or just look at the curb next to your favorite intersection. Especially during the spring when a full 2-3 months of snow, water salt and traffic have done nothing to them except turn them gray. Sad thing is the crap and chemicals in them end up in local water ways as it's pulled from the butts and into the sewers. You can read on the internet about them being composed, but the plastic material will never biodegrade, but will rather just break down. No different than a Pepsi bottle cracking and breaking down on the street, but it never goes away. Never mind the fact that I would never put compost laced with chemicals from cig butts around my gardens. See Jones' post about the intelligence of smokers though....they would never think that through.

• Upvote 1

What do you expect honestly.

If someone is spending $150+ a month to habitually ingest poison, do you expect them to have the common sense not to litter ?

They need to coat the filter in some sort of tasty poison so they can ingest them and finish the deal faster.

I wish I could +rep you for that. I agree 110%.

Not really. Most all butts are made from cellulose acetate which is a form of plastic and wood pulp spun together. It started as a use in photography. Ask me how I know. The plastics mixed in with the cellulose fibers can take 10-15 years to degrade and often not completely as they are not biodegradable as no living organisms eat plastic. They breakdown when exposed to caustic chemicals, but they will never turn into soil or be consumed by living organisms.

Don't believe me, then call any septic system maint. company and ask them what happens when you flush them down into a septic system. Or just look at the curb next to your favorite intersection. Especially during the spring when a full 2-3 months of snow, water salt and traffic have done nothing to them except turn them gray. Sad thing is the crap and chemicals in them end up in local water ways as it's pulled from the butts and into the sewers. You can read on the internet about them being composed, but the plastic material will never biodegrade, but will rather just break down. No different than a Pepsi bottle cracking and breaking down on the street, but it never goes away. Never mind the fact that I would never put compost laced with chemicals from cig butts around my gardens. See Jones' post about the intelligence of smokers though....they would never think that through.

This is why I have the ashtray in the car. I will say I tend to throw them when Im standing around in a parking lot but I never leave them anywhere else. Not even my own yard.

As to some of you others and your fucking retarded, generalized comments - Piss in you asses.

And, just to play devil's advocate, there are microorganisms that consume plastic, now. However, you are correct in assuming that they aren't really considered natural nor can they be expected to eat our cigarette buds in the wild.

Also, know what's worse than cig buds for a sanitation dept? Damn tampons and their applicators. I was just discussing all manners sanitation with two workers on my street yesterday.... After they caused sewage to literally spray through every open drain and toilet in my home and my neighbors. :mad:

This is why I have the ashtray in the car. I will say I tend to throw them when Im standing around in a parking lot but I never leave them anywhere else. Not even my own yard.

As to some of you others and your fucking retarded, generalized comments - Piss in you asses.

And, just to play devil's advocate, there are microorganisms that consume plastic, now. However, you are correct in assuming that they aren't really considered natural nor can they be expected to eat our cigarette buds.

Also, know what's worse than cig buds for a sanitation dept? Damn tampons and their applicators. I was just discussing all manners sanitation with two workers on my street yesterday.... After they caused sewage to literally spray through every open drain and toilet in my home and my neighbors. :mad:

Cool story puff daddy.

:)

Not really. Most all butts are made from cellulose acetate which is a form of plastic and wood pulp spun together. It started as a use in photography. Ask me how I know. The plastics mixed in with the cellulose fibers can take 10-15 years to degrade and often not completely as they are not biodegradable as no living organisms eat plastic.

Thanks i will no longer smoke them all the way down to filter :D

I like throwing pennies at peoples cars that do that shit.

+1 Haha

Cool story puff daddy.

:)

Was not the way I had planned on starting my weekend. After cleaning, I took a shower and when I came down the stairs, one of my dogs decided to hurl up a bowl of water he just drank right on his blanket. Little insult to injury. haha

If someone is spending $150+ a month to habitually ingest poison, do you expect them to have the common sense not to litter ?

They need to coat the filter in some sort of tasty poison so they can ingest them and finish the deal faster.

X2.LOL

It costs A LOT more to kill yourself with cigarettes these days.