Cool Jackstands

Mallard

Fo all of you that don't like them because they're not adjustable, can I ask why you need them to be adjustable? In all the times I've used jack stands I have only ever set them at one height. I can see if you are using them at different points on the car where you need one lower in order to keep the car level, but these are designed to be used at the factory jacking points, so that's not an issue.

Farkas - They look to be the same size around as a normal jack stand. Why do you think they'd get in the way?

These are honest questions, as I feel that the time saved by not having to climb under the car, try to set up the jack stand, slowly let it down, and hope nothing shifts is worth the price (if reasonable).

i hate places that don't put the price for the things they are selling

I agree 100%. There's something going on there, whether it be wholesalers selling them for different pricing, salespeople, etc. I mean they can't be cheap with that material to start with... Can you imagine what a wheel or gun barrel made of that would cost? Not that you would want a gun barrel made of it, but I am just saying.

Fo all of you that don't like them because they're not adjustable, can I ask why you need them to be adjustable? In all the times I've used jack stands I have only ever set them at one height. I can see if you are using them at different points on the car where you need one lower in order to keep the car level, but these are designed to be used at the factory jacking points, so that's not an issue.

Farkas - They look to be the same size around as a normal jack stand. Why do you think they'd get in the way?

These are honest questions, as I feel that the time saved by not having to climb under the car, try to set up the jack stand, slowly let it down, and hope nothing shifts is worth the price (if reasonable).

I can see reasons for needing something adjustable. I don't always have the luxury as been mentioned of always working on one of the five cars on the "level" garage floor. It just doesn't seem so great to me know. I love the concept, but think it needs some improvements before I would consider it without even knowing the price.

Also, they looked to have 3x the footprint of the jack stand I saw it compared to. I will go back and check.

Yeah, look at the second picture. It looks at least 2x as big.

Edited by cinergi
Forgot footprint size.

Clever design.

I can see a large market for these. When at the track the car goes on stands after every session or race. Adjustable stands are not needed and a non adjustable stand would be more user friendly. And to be able to place the stand at the point of the jack is fucking brilliant. I can't tell you how many crushed rocker panels I've seen from people jacking next to the factory lift point so they could place a jack stand next to the jack.

Clever design.

I can see a large market for these. When at the track the car goes on stands after every session or race. Adjustable stands are not needed and a non adjustable stand would be more user friendly. And to be able to place the stand at the point of the jack is fucking brilliant. I can't tell you how many crushed rocker panels I've seen from people jacking next to the factory lift point so they could place a jack stand next to the jack.

This, I think it has its place, just not with most of us working on cars in our driveways and garages. At work where I have a lift when I need it, these would come in handy. Also for people who store their cars, I much rather have this then a normal jackstand.

I doubt it'll catch on with this kind of shit marketing, no pricing or where to buy.

I hate working under my car so when I do have to, I get it as high in the air as my jack will allow. So to answer your question, I adjust my jack stands every single time I use them.

And I still don't even understand the concept. So you place this stand on top of your existing jack and there is a slot in the back so you can slide your jack out. Problem is, if you have enough room to get that jackstand under the car to the factory jack points, why do you even need a jack in the first place?

I hate working under my car so when I do have to, I get it as high in the air as my jack will allow. So to answer your question, I adjust my jack stands every single time I use them.

And I still don't even understand the concept. So you place this stand on top of your existing jack and there is a slot in the back so you can slide your jack out. Problem is, if you have enough room to get that jackstand under the car to the factory jack points, why do you even need a jack in the first place?

Setting them as high as possible is not the same as 'adjusting them evert time I use them.' I set mine as high as possible too, but if they were always the max height and not adjustable it wouldn't make a difference.

You don't have enough room under the car to put the jack stand under without jacking it up. You jack up the car then transfer it it the stand. I thought the pictures were easy to follow...

The top of the jackstand detaches and sits on the top of your jack. These have special slots, pads, or locator pins, depending on what your car came with from the factory. You jack the car up, slide the stand around the jack and let the jack down. Now the pad that was on your jack is supported by the coller of the jack stand with a very quick, seamless transfer from the jack to the stand, and you car is supported more safely on a spot designed by the factory, with the correct attachment.

Edited by Mallard

got an email back in terms of pricing....

299.00 a pair plus shipping. Fuck that shit. what the fuck worth is it having 2 jackstands for 300 bucks...

600.00 to hold your car up (4 stands)?... Also note that they are stackable so you might spend 1200.00 just to be able to get under your car... unreal.

I was going to say dumb as shit, but now that i see how they work that is awesome.

Much need here, though thats a lot of cash for stands lol.

My car ONLY has jack points. Most all of the underbody, over the pinch weld area, and up around the rockers is comprised of aerodynamic plastic underbody paneling. So I have to stick with creative use of a 2X4 between the jack points to jack the car up and then place my stands under the jack points. Cars much to low for ramps too :(

No thanks.

I lift my car up higher so I have plenty of room and can see things better.

My guess is that they are not ready for market yet and thus haven't come up with a final price, or they are so bad at creating web content that it hasn't occurred to them.

The first paragraph made my brain leak out of my ear hole. All caps, and suspiciously repetitive. "Head on - apply directly to the forehead, Head on - apply directly to the forehead,"

JACKPOINT JACKSTANDS TM ARE THE FIRST JACK STAND DESIGNED FOR CONTEMPORARY AUTOMOBILES. THEY ALLOW YOU TO LIFT YOUR CAR WITH YOUR CURRENT FLOOR JACK AND SUPPORT IT ON A JACKPOINT JACKSTAND USING THE SAME MANUFACTURERS' FACTORY JACKING LOCATION TO LIFT AND SUPPORT YOUR CAR. NO MORE GUESSING ABOUT WHETHER YOU'VE POSITIONED THE JACK STAND IN A PLACE THAT WILL SUPPORT YOUR CAR WITHOUT DAMAGING IT. ARE THE FIRST JACK STAND DESIGNED FOR CONTEMPORARY AUTOMOBILES. THEY ALLOW YOU TO LIFT YOUR CAR WITH YOUR CURRENT FLOOR JACK AND SUPPORT IT ON A JACKPOINT JACKSTAND USING THE SAME MANUFACTURERS' FACTORY JACKING LOCATION TO LIFT AND SUPPORT YOUR CAR. NO MORE GUESSING ABOUT WHETHER YOU'VE POSITIONED THE JACK STAND IN A PLACE THAT WILL SUPPORT YOUR CAR WITHOUT DAMAGING IT.