Denny Dotson Automotive....

Evolved8

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

car was running healthy the other night before he unloaded it. I know him, hes a good kid.

The other night as in a month ago? Not calling you a liar just interested in more details. I would like to believe that he was good enough to fix it before he sold it but, he sure makes it hard.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM #67

04STI305

Scooby Newbie

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 264160

Vehicle:

2004 STI

blue

View Member's FaceBook Profile

Sold

The other night as in a month ago? Not calling you a liar just interested in more details. I would like to believe that he was good enough to fix it before he sold it but, he sure makes it hard.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM #67

04STI305

Scooby Newbie

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 264160

Vehicle:

2004 STI

blue

View Member's FaceBook Profile

Sold

Last fri we all went out, ya the car was blowing some black smoke but it seemed like the tune was a little off. It wasnt showing any signs of being blown up or having any issues other than an off tune. it was running healthy. I know a few weeks prior to that he got a nice shipment of things from jegs to fix some issues it was having.

Last fri we all went out, ya the car was blowing some black smoke but it seemed like the tune was a little off. It wasnt showing any signs of being blown up or having any issues other than an off tune. it was running healthy. I know a few weeks prior to that he got a nice shipment of things from jegs to fix some issues it was having.

Interesting. Sure doesn't fit the story he was telling on Nasoic.

Did he ever take it up to Pure or whatever that place is up in Toledo to have it tuned? He talked to us about doing it awhile back but then I heard it ended up going up north. Just curious..

Jeff

The car will run fine on cracked ringlands. It blows smoke and compression will suffer. Funny he's a good guy? There's a thread on Ohio Honda's where he told them the car got stolen, this dude lies more than a crooked lawyer. I would distance myself if I were you, I know I don't vouch for douchebags.

Funny, Byers refused to take it on a trade in based on it's condition. He's told so many people so many different stories, let's not forget that after ZB tested the car and gave him the bad news, he was able to take it to his UNCLE'S dealership in Cleveland and they checked it and all the problem was, was a PCV valve. :lol: Funny, it still blows smoke huh, last week? :lol: He must need another PCV valve already.

The car will run fine on Cracked ring lands. It blows smoke and compression will suffer. Funny he's a good guy? There's a thread on Ohio Honda's where he told them the car got stolen, this dude lies more than a crooked lawyer. I would distance myself if I were you, I know I don't vouch for douchebags.

Funny, Byers refused to take it on a trade in based on it's condition. He's told so many people so many different stories, let's not for get that after ZB tested the car and gave him the bad news, he was able to take it to his UNCLE'S dealership in Cleveland and they checked it and all the problem was, was a PVC valve. :lol:

Lol...I saw that car driving around Easton last week. Hideous.

-Marc

Lol...I saw that car driving around Easton last week. Hideous.

-Marc

Yes it is. If he wet sanded the thing and rattle canned the car matte black, it would be worth more. The only thing I have to admit is the car lived at MidOhio which I think is pretty cool, it was driven for what it was meant to do.

I sent an email to Denny curious about the cars condition.

Has the motor been fixed? Do you have a bill of repair from the fix? Was it disclosed when you bought the car that it had a blown motor? Do you have a CarFax available? http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2119430&page=2 http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2118849

and he replied:

we have a carfax and it is clean,no accidents,no stolen vehicle reports.we have marketed and sold many sti's and we are certain this motor is super strong and the turbo spools correctly.we have no knowledge of the concerns you mentioned however we do not refute your claims,we simply do not know of the previous problems.presently this seems to be a very nice low mileage car and it will sell rather quickly unless we discover any issues you mentioned.i have driven the car now approx 120 miles and it seems very,very nice.thanks for the heads up,denny dotson 740-967-8080

shit, my STi had 25k miles on it when i blew the ringlands out of 2 cylinders. I drove that bitch everyday with no smoke and beating the every living fuck out of it. Sure the power delivery was lumpy, but i still got 2,000 miles out of it till i had the money to rebuild.

car was running healthy the other night before he unloaded it. I know him, hes a good kid.

I don't know if it was a good idea vouching for the kid, Like ben said, he is been caught in countless lies. One being that he claimed in his forsale thread that he got rid of it and bought a 2011 STI. 2 Days later he puts up thread on nasioc asking about oil in his FMIC.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2128941

He is running a grimmspeed AOS, which under normal conditions, it would handle normal amounts of blow by. I am running a Prova AOS, which is similar to Grimmspeed and I have not seen any oil in the return line to the intake since I installed it. If he has a cracked ringland which creats excessive blow by the AOS isn't going to catch all of the oil. The STI's can run strong with a cracked ringland, some people have ran it for 10-20k miles but it will eventually lead to catastraphic failure. All the signs of the car leads to a cracked ringland. which is not uncommon in 04-07 STI's. The most important part is that that ZB from sigmatech did compression and leak down test, one of the cylinders is down in compression with a leak down of 30%.

aka it walked your genesis in mexico? ;)

didnt walk, it pulled on me...

Im also running intake and exhaust while being untuned at this point. The bigger turbo, ecu and intercooler are in my garage awaiting nice weather.I hope a bolt on and tuned awd sti can take my stock genesis from a 40 roll in mexico.

WOW. Judging by the way he comes across on NASIOC, kid seems like a legitimate faggot.

And how fitting is it that the ugly shitbox ends up at Denny Dotson? Some lying little prick sells his broke fuck beat dick car to the most crooked dealer in the state. It's too perfect.