Denny Dotson Automotive....

Evolved8

I have both bought and sold to them. Here Is the story of my last visit. this is a true story.

I was there looking at a C6 that caught my eye. I walked in the dealer Denny was the only one there. I usually Deal with Lyle but he had one of the cars i was looking at at the golf course. Anyways Denny throws me the keys to this Corvette and tells me not to bring it back smoking LOL. I get in it and notice the clutch pedal is alot softer than the stock C6 clutch and it did not have that springy feeling (c6 owners will know what i mean) I didn't think anything of it. I made it a mile down the road before there was an issue. While shifting from 3rd to 4th the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. I tried picking it up and pumping it up. Nothing. I pull over and call denny he is PISSED. He says "are you fucking serious." and hangs up. I proceed to check the car out on the side of the road. The clutch fluid on this 14,xxx mile C6 is Pitch black with particles in it and its way under min level. He arrives minuites later and all he is worried about is his golf clubs in the trunk. He moves them into the car he came in and we go back to the dealership. When we get out he says your business is not wanted here get lost. You have never done anything with us anyways. I say DONT call me back when Lash Chevy calls you and says the clutch master took a dump and you try to sell me the car or apologise. I leave and call Lyle on his cell phone His wife answers and says they are on vacation and please call another time. I continue to say its important she refuses to put him on the phone. So I tell her what happened and she says sorry. Dennys Parents are in the hospital and he is on some medications that have been making him angry lately. I say thats fine but If you run a business you leave that at the door. or DONT come in. I still have not heard back from Lyle 3 weeks later. And I called Lash Chevy and talked to someone up there and they said the Clutch fluid was way past needing to be flushed and the Clutch master cylinder went out. The funny thing is they do't even know what a clutch master cylinder is nor how it works. Iam sure he figured I broke the car. I should have ran it into a ditch.

Extremly Poor customer treatment.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive sold 2 of my cars to them (civic and mercedes). I bought one car from Denny in 04, an SRT4....it was brand new with 1600 miles on it. Never had any problems with it. If you buy a used/modded car from them, get your wallet out for repair bills IMO.

I had a friend that bought a 06 STI with 50k miles from them 2 years ago from them, they gave him a really good deal on the car. I kinda knew there was someting fishy when they sold the STI to him at such a bargain. A few month later the turbo blew up, it was replaced at Byers with a new VF39 and a few weeks after that the motor went.

Nothing is wrong with it other than I have $30k in receipts for it and the inevitable thing with a race car is the harder I drive it the more it will break and the more I will have to pay more money. I started racing bikes last year and the rush is 10x better and 10x cheaper. I am selling the drag wheels though and putting on street wheels so it will increase the likely hood of it selling.

Ridiculous as in $27-28K. I can't afford to lose anymore than that. It only has 19k miles on it..........

wowwwwwwwwwww. You set sail on the fail/rape boat :(

I had a friend that bought a 06 STI with 50k miles from them 2 years ago from them, they gave him a really good deal on the car. I kinda knew there was someting fishy when they sold the STI to him at such a bargain. A few month later the turbo blew up, it was replaced at Byers with a new VF39 and a few weeks after that the motor went.

Are you serious??

Anyone else?

what else do you need to hear?? sounds like you had enough experience before you made this thread to have an opinion on the matter---everyone else's comments/experiences support your story. based on the evidence in this thread, you'd have to be absolutely nuts to do business with them. every time someone brings up the dealer name, nothing positive is said--the search function should be your friend here. and it appears they like golf as well--i did not know that. personally, i'd avoid that place like aids.

I went and looked at that STI and the one son told me the turbo was blown and sure enough it wouldnt even spool. He told me they were going to replace the turbo and up the price some if no one bought it. my guess is they threw a used beat up turbo on it to get it to sell.

Are you serious??

Yeap, I told him not to buy anything from Denny Dotson. But they gave him such a good deal on it, he couldn't pass it up.

I went and looked at that STI and the one son told me the turbo was blown and sure enough it wouldnt even spool. He told me they were going to replace the turbo and up the price some if no one bought it. my guess is they threw a used beat up turbo on it to get it to sell.

Yeah, that sucks. I bet my buddy wish he would have knew that before he bought the car.

I went over there yesterday to look at a ford lightning. Couldnt geta test drive in because of the rain. The truck seemed to be in good shape. Only had 24k miles on it but he started dropping the price without me even asking about it. Seemed kind of weird and made me question the actual condition of the truck but it was a better experience then the last time i was there.

I wanna go test drive some cars for the hell of it. Wonder if they will let me play with some vettes

He won't just let you run off and drive a car on a test drive all the time there. With most people he runs a credit check to see if you can even afford the car before you can drive it because of all the joy riders he gets out there. That and the one ticket I got while test driving a car from there when I was 19 woah. His insurence had to sky rocket after that one ha ha ha and he started checking credit scores right after that.

• 4 months later...

Well they currently have an STI in their inventory with a blown motor. The kid that owned the car previously blew it up and tried to sell it on Nasioc and got called out for it. One of the piston rings are cracked it has horrible compression and leak down numbers. But with STIs it would still run just fine, but you get a ton of blow by. They are asking 18k for it. I wonder if they didn't know,or knew about it and bought the car cheap, and now they are trying to make a large profit by pawning it off o someone else.

http://showroom.auction123.com/denny_dotson_automotive/inventory/7821/2004/Subaru/JF1GD70684L513765.html

Well they currently have an STI in their inventory with a blown motor. The kid that owned the car previously blew it up and tried to sell it on Nasioc and got called out for it. One of the piston rings are cracked it has horrible compression and leak down numbers. But with STIs it would still run just fine, but you get a ton of blow by. They are asking 18k for it. I wonder if they didn't know,or knew about it and bought the car cheap, and now they are trying to make a large profit by pawning it off o someone else.

http://showroom.auction123.com/denny_dotson_automotive/inventory/7821/2004/Subaru/JF1GD70684L513765.html

Well Denny says:

2004 STI with only 43K miles and it shows. Tasteful modifications include an APS front mount intercooler with hard piping, Powder coated black BBS wheels, and an OHLINS Advanced suspension Flag 1 set up. As you can see from the pictures the car has also been custom painted with a volcano and ocean theme that is done very well. This car has been well cared for in every aspect. Clean Carfax with no accidents. This is a really nice car!

Yes that is it, Ha Ha, Stay away from that car like it has the plague. Turns out the old guy that owned and painted the ocean stuff on the car before the kid owned it LIVED at MidOhio and it participated at just about every track event that was held for a few years so most of the miles on the car are track miles. Car is worth maybe 10k with paint and repairs.

Yes that is it, Ha Ha, Stay away from that car like it has the plague. Turns out the old guy that owned and painted the ocean stuff on the car before the kid owned it LIVED at MidOhio and it participated at just about every track event that was held for a few years so most of the miles on the car are track miles. Car is worth maybe 10k with paint and repairs.

Funnies:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2119430

Caught trying to sell it blown:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2118849

Word on OhioHondas is he is trying to claim it was stolen Friday night.

Funnies:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2119430

Caught trying to sell it blown:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2118849

Word on OhioHondas is he is trying to claim it was stolen Friday night.

He said he sold it at the end of the 2nd thread; where he also says he got a 2011 STi.

He goes to CSCC, anyone know an Eddie Powell there?