New Canon EOS Shooters check it out

TTQ B4U

I've been getting more and more questions regarding techniques and thought this article would be a good starting point for many. Especially with more indoor shooting likely going on around the holidays.

This is a great blog with lots of good reads if you shoot a Canon DSLR with flash.

Enjoy!

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/#faq10

I found this article a couple months back and it literally saved the relationship between my 430EXII flash and myself. I hadn't touched my flash since september of last year because I was so frustrated with it, but now I couldn't image not using flash on damn near every picture I take. Definitely worth a read.

This was a good read, thanks for that. Couple things in there that might help me out a bit more.

I actually have gained more interest in my camera since I picked up my 430ex. I was completely frustrated with low light, indoor photos until I got a flash that I was able to utilize without firing directly on the subject.

Some good info in there. While I've been into amateur photography for a several years now, I've only as of last year began playing with external flashes. Ended up with a Sigma EF-500 DG Super, and before that used my friends 580EX. There's definitely no comparison concerning build quality, but the Sigma does the job well enough.