1991 Bmw 5.0L swap $6500

Sam1647545489

Well, it has come to the time where I wanna sell my car. Not that I need to but I wanna do some other things over the winter and build me a true 10.5 car next yr. So I want the bmw gone. Here is all what it has.

1991 e30 BMW

stock 302 mustang 5.0L motor out of a 89 gt.

Cobra intake

GT 40 heads

ARP head studs

New c4 trans 3 sp reverse manual valve body

Coan 3400 stall converter

Huge trans cooler

Line lock

Borg warner 72mm turbo

Complete custom fuel system good for 1000hp

a1000 pump, -8an feed -8 return

42# injectors

12 gal fuel cell in the trunk

all new autometer gauges

I forged wheels

Extra set of stock bmw wheels with slicks on them

The bad:

Needs a new radiator bracket.

Needs a new front seal behind the balancer

It would benefit big time if a trans brake was installed.

I still havent been able to figure out why its vibrating at idle but that will be solved before sold.

Has no a/c, it was removed.

Its gonna need some new rear tires. The drag radials are worn out.

It could use a wire clean up in the engine bay. It wasnt a big deal to me but I did plan on doin a full wire tuck on it if I had time to pull the motor out.

The car runs great, has great oil pressure, no noises from the motor or trans. It can be street driven easily and I did drive it all over the place in the summer with no issues. It ran a 11.17 at 138 mph with a 1.9 60' hence why I said it could use a trans brake. Mechanically it is a sound car and fun to drive. Also as of right now, it is 1 of 1 bmw with this swap done in the world. I have searched and so have some other people and nobody has done this swap. There is a guy that just started making engine mounts for this swap but this car was the original and only one running at this time. I have some extra parts for it I will toss in as well. I am not looking for any trades and cash talks. I am open to offers and will work on the price as I said cash talks.

6500.00$

Edited by MrMeanGreen

Sam, cool build-never saw any details or pics before.

Just curious, what's the performance advantage doing this swap into a 3 series chassis? Is it that much lighter than a stripped out LX? I wouldn't think the IRS would hook as well as the Mustang?

Seems like a great deal for a steetable car that traps nearly 140!

Sam, cool build-never saw any details or pics before.

Just curious, what's the performance advantage doing this swap into a 3 series chassis? Is it that much lighter than a stripped out LX? I wouldn't think the IRS would hook as well as the Mustang?

Seems like a great deal for a steetable car that traps nearly 140!

As much as I would love to say I did the swap, I didnt. The guy that did do it did it purely because he had the car and had the motor laying there. I changed a bunch of things from when he had it but the swap itself was his idea. It is a light car and is able to handle the power pretty good for being a car that is not suppost to have this kind of power to the wheels.

Ebay. I was just talking about this with Rick last night. You would move the car in a second out of state. It's the reputation that hinders your local sales.

Edit: And I would shoot for ten on ebay just for the hell of it.

Sam Take the bike.

Sell the bike and bring me the cash.

If the car does not sell with in the next week or so, I will just keep and build a motor for it. Like I said, I dont need to sell it but it would be nice to have a few extra dollars for a new truck that I am looking to buy. No biggie. I just thought maybe someone would like to buy it. I'll give it another week and if not then I am goin to pull everything out of it and redo it all.

• 3 weeks later...